Monday, December 27, 2021

The Monday After : )


 Good Morning Friends.  

The Monday after.  How are we all feeling? I hope you had a cozy and wonderful holiday.  Ours was just that.  We spent Christmas eve with Rob's family.  There was food, music, games, and memoires made.  On Christmas day we had a relaxing day at home with my family.  We watched movies and I cooked a yummy dinner.  Another Christmas in the books and now we are on track to a new year and a clean slate.  










Santa arrived and (thankfully) did not disappoint.  John's highlight was definitely a vintage record player with some vinyl records of some of his favorite classic rock bands.  Nothing says Merry Christmas like the Rolling Stones, Beatles, and ACDC! Haha.  There was also an Elvis record in there as well, which made my heart happy.  He was also surprised with a new keyboard from my parents which he loved! He's been playing drums for years but has recently been teaching himself piano and guitar.  Our basement is turning into a music studio, which is ok by all of us.  





John always says that the day after Christmas is sad because it's all over, but I always feel happiness and relief.  All the planning and hard work is done and now we can all exhale and relax.  

We have our memories (and new clothes and books!) to keep us warm this winter.  I've been eating my weight in fudge (boy was it a mistake to make 2 batches!) but we need to get it out of the house, so I guess I'm doing a good deed.  We'll go with that : ) 




Next weekend it all comes down (my New Year's Day tradition) so we have one more week to enjoy the twinkling Christmas tree lights and then it's on to the next phase.  CLEANING and ORGANIZING. My lists have already begun! LOL 

I hope you all had a wonderful holiday and  I wish you a cozy week.  This is my favorite week of the year.  It's quiet and peaceful and my mind loves the idea of a clean slate.  Santa brought me a new calendar/planner and I'm anxious to start filling it in. 

Happy Monday lovely friends! Enjoy your day! xo 





No comments:

Post a Comment