Sunday, January 2, 2022

Happy New Year!


Happy New Year, friends! 2022 is here!  

How was your New Years? Mine was very nice.  It was cold and rainy.  I stayed in my cozy clothes, made minestrone soup and pizza in a cast iron skillet (which was a first!).  I recently saw a Martha Stewart video on YouTube where Martha made pizza in cast iron and I wanted to try it.  I figured if it's good enough for Martha.... well, it was a success! 

We ate, watched some Seinfeld, and I'll admit to you that we were all asleep by 10!  Party animals we are NOT but it was still a lovely evening.  










The pizza had broccoli and chicken on it, which is a favorite of ours.  I guess I wanted to end the year eating as many veggies as possible! LOL 



I woke up on January 1st feeling renewed.  I love New Years Day and all the hope it brings.  This is my first photo of the year.  It was still raining  and I took my coffee outside to breathe in some fresh air.  The back river was flooded and still is from all the rain.  It was quiet and peaceful and I hope that's an indication of what's to come.  Fingers crossed! I enjoy the stillness of January after all the hustle December brings.  Time to rest and take in the quiet. 

I stuck to my New Years Day tradition and took down my Christmas tree.  Some think it's sad to pack everything away so soon, but I actually love the process.  I think I might love just as much as decorating.  The "undecorating" makes me just as happy.  Everything feels clean and uncluttered.  It's a nice way to start the year.  Now we are all settled in and ready for a cozy winter.  In case we have to go into hibernation mode, I'm ready. 




                       Today is John's last official day of Christmas break, which makes me very very sad.   I like us living in the holiday bubble.   But alas, it's back to school and work tomorrow.  Today my plan is to get myself organized, plan out meals for the week, list some goals in my planner, and make a batch of blueberry muffins.  Something that's been on my mind all week : )    

                      


Wishing you all a happy and healthy 2022!  

May this year bring you peace, love, and joy! 

xoxo

 

1 comment:

  1. We are twins, I think. Although I still have my decorations up, I am ready for a fresh, clean slate. And bare! You already know we had pizza on New Year's Eve! I am always ready for hibernation, you know?? Hugs and love from all of us!

    ReplyDelete