Friday, March 18, 2022

A Little Friday Catch Up ♥

Hello Friends! Happy Friday! 

How has your week been? I've been quiet on here this past week because I was not feeling great.  As much as I love the change of seasons, for me the beginning of Spring always comes with a cold and/or allergies!  I'm not sure which I had or maybe both. I'm happy to say I'm feeling better now and am planning a full disinfecting of the house this weekend : ) 

Tis that time of year again! 




By the way....Happy St. Patrick's Day! 

We had a quiet night and it was lovely.  I made a ham dinner with potatoes and brussels sprouts.  It was delicious.  For dessert I made my friend Eileen's Irish bread.  I make it every year because it's so good, and honestly the best Irish bread I've ever had. The secret ingredient is sour cream, so it's not dry like most soda breads.  I've been having it for breakfast all week! I just love it with a cup of coffee. 




I'll link the recipe here if you want to give it a try.  
Every time I make it I always say "why do I only make this for St. Patrick's day?"  
I should make it more often 



 
Winter has been holding on by a thread, but is just about to let go.  We had one last burst of snow last week (which was pretty) but I think that might be it for the season.  I don't want jinx myself, but today we may reach 70 degrees.  No jacket required!  I'm very excited about that.  I can see little green shoots coming up from the dirt out front and lately I've been waking up to the sound of birds chirping outside my bedroom window.  They are also happy Spring is here.  Very happy! It's a party out there : ) 






My weekend plans (other than disinfecting!!) include this book I just picked up at the library.  Have you read it? I've heard great things and I'm dying to start it.  I've been in a reading slump lately and I'm hoping this book will get me out of it.  It's been a while since I lost myself in a book.  Isn't that the best feeling?! 

On Friday's during lent our tradition is having breakfast for dinner.  John and Rob aren't crazy about seafood (I know, right?!) so breakfast it is. Tonight I'm planning veggie omelets, toast, and fruit salad.  We'll eat early and settle in for a movie.  This past week John convinced me to watch The Godfather movies.  I had never seen them!!!  Downright sinful in my family!  I really enjoyed 1 and 2 (I think 2 a little more) and tonight we are going to round out the trilogy with the 3rd one.  I've heard it's not as good, but I have to see it through and decided for myself.  I'll report back later : ) 





And that's about as exciting as it gets around here!  
Wishing you all a wonderful weekend! 
Whatever you do, I hope you enjoy.  Remember it's the little things that count! 

xoox 

6 comments:

  1. Wait! Those two don't like seafood? And didn't we get Red Lobster when you were here???! Glad you are feeling better! Miss you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. John likes it more than Rob. They'll eat it once in a while. As for me...it's my favorite! 🦞🦞🦞
    And that meal was delicious! 😋

    ReplyDelete
  3. Never seen the Godfather?! It's a Thanksgiving tradition in our Italian house ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know!! I can't believe I had gone this long without watching them. I was an outcast in the family! LOL
      Well, I'm happy to say I've now seen all 3 and I will be making it an annual tradition! Loved them! :)

      Delete
    2. This comment has been removed by the author.

      Delete
    3. We even named our dog after Luca Brasi! hahaha (so when she kills squirrels at the park I tell my husband it's our fault for naming her after a hit man )

      Delete