Monday, December 12, 2022

Happy Snowy Monday ♥


Good Monday Morning Friends! 

We had our first proper snow last night.  Just enough to make everything look like it has a coating of powdered sugar!  It's hard believe that only a few short weeks ago this view was a sea of yellow, orange, and gold.  Winter is upon us.  

I love the first snow of the year.  I stepped outside to snap these pictures and the air felt so fresh and clean. It's peaceful as can be.  All I could here was our windchimes.  Only 26 degrees today.  Back inside I go where it's cozy and the coffee it hot.  


I


I love working from home.  Especially in the winter.  
 
No commute and you can't beat the dress code.  Let's just say I'm very comfy today : ) 






Yesterday we visited The Enchanted Village at Jordan's Furniture.  If you're not from Massachusetts you've probably never heard of it.  Jordan's is a big beautiful furniture store that acquired and restored the original Christmas display that The Jordan Marsh department store used to set up in downtown Boston in the 1960's & 1970's.  Every year at Christmas time they set it up and you can walk through it and get all the vintage Christmassy feels. Music plays and when Bing Crosby sings "I'm dreaming of a white Christmas" it snows







Love, love, love! 










It's all free, the only catch is you have to walk through the entire furniture store to exit.  That's good marketing I guess.  I don't mind because I actually LOVE furniture stores.  I get so many good decorating ideas. 

Once upon a time Rob and I bought all our furniture for our first house at this store. We would come here on Friday nights and pay our "lay away" bills.  Remember "lay away?"

 I don't think it exists anymore 




And on the way out I was sure to grab a box of the famous Jordan Marsh blueberry muffins, only available at Christmastime.  

They are so yummy! 




A heated muffin with melty butter made for a yummy breakfast this morning as I admired the snow.  




And do you know what the best part of the weekend was?

You guessed it!  

Look who finished all her wrapping!! (and the angels rejoiced!) 



Yipppeeeeee! 

I feel like a weight lifted as I enter into a new week.  Sending you all the coziest vibes and hopes for a lovely Monday.  Time to pour another coffee peppermint mocha and start my day. 

13 day to go! Eeeek!  

xoxox 

4 comments:

  1. I love making Jordan Marsh blueberry muffins. When I came across the recipe it quickly became my favorite. Have a wonderful week!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well, I wish I had gone with you! And guess what? Finally something we do not share a love of! Can you guess what??? Peppermint Mocha!!! Can't do it, but I still love ya!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a perfect place to wander through and enjoy all the Christmas decorations. Every store should do that then we could wander to our hearts content.

    ReplyDelete
  4. what a fun place to visit and I'm jealous of the snow!! We have nothing in PA.

    ReplyDelete