Monday, December 19, 2022

Random Photo Monday ♥

Good Monday Morning Friends! It's Christmas week! 

I took last week off from this little space of mine to get everything I needed to get done so I could have this week to relax and get ready for the big day.  I set myself that goal every year.  Sometime it works and sometimes it doesn't.  

Thankfully, this time....it worked.  I'm all shopped & wrapped, cards are mailed, and halls are decked.  All that's left is to make a food list and go to the grocery store at the end of the week.  The cooking and baking are my favorite part of the holidays so I'm very much looking forward to an all day baking session on Friday.  

My goal for the beginning of the week is to take care of myself.  Rest, eat good food, and enjoy these precious days leading up to Christmas.  Quiet mornings by the tree and movie nights with my family, snuggled up under blankets & drinking hot drinks.  How many times can we watch Elf is the question?  I think we're up to 3 or 4 times already! 

We had a bit of snow last week, but it turned to rain.  The skies are clear now (as are the roads) so that's a good thing.  It's coooold though.  Every morning I step out back to look at the river and take a deep breath of air.  It feels good to go back inside after that and have a hot coffee with breakfast.  I've made some comfort food this past week: beef stew, roast chicken (in a cast iron skillet!), homemade pizza, and last night I make lentil soup.  I love serving a hot, hearty meal this time of year.  Lots of salads, veggies, and soups to keep us strong and healthy. 

99% of my wardrobe last week was pajamas.  I shower, get ready, and put on a fresh pair.  I'm cozy and comfy, and surprisingly productive given how comfortable I am! However I could lapse into a nap at any given moment.  And if I do...well, that's ok 






Rob make us espresso Sunday morning after Church and it was delightful.  

I forgot how much I loved it.  He must do that more often 




A gift basket that I had to photograph before I dove into it.  

I just love a gift basket! 



 


If you stopped by this is how you would probably find me. 

Pj's & glasses, but always lipstick : ) 



 












Wishing you all a very merry week.  I hope you give yourself some grace this week.  Take time for yourself and rest, rest, rest. Everything will get done as it should.  Tonight I plan on giving myself a manicure while watching Holiday Baking Championship on the Food Network.  That's my "self care" for the evening.  

Stay cozy my friends! It's almost Christmas!! Thank you for stopping by today.  I'll be around to visit your blogs too! : ) 

xoxo

4 comments:

  1. Good for you taking care of yourself. Its really the season that you need to do it the most.
    Jammies as the main clothing ... I'm down for that!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Everything looks so cozy and festive. I had to chuckle at your comment 'always lipstick'. That is so me. Enjoy this wonderful time of the year!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. may you have a wonderful Christmas week and a wonderful new year!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Well, I found your blog through blogs I follow and see a few friends here in the comments! Your week sounds perfect, as it should be...cozy, warm, lots of coffee and movies. When we got our first cold weather here, I kept telling my husband that I now know why bears hibernate...it just feels right when it's cold outside! Thankfully, my days have been a mix of stuff to do and plenty of down time too.

    Merry Christmas!

    ReplyDelete