Wednesday, February 22, 2023

Fruit Galette ♥

Hello Friends! Happy Wednesday!  

I wanted to share this quick dessert I whipped up last night.  It's wonderful what you can do with some frozen fruit and store bought puff pastry! I like to call this a rustic fruit tart, but if you're fancy you can call it a galette : )

I like the word "rustic" because that means it doesn't have to be perfect. 

Perfect is so boring.  Who wants to be perfect anyway? 

Certainly not me  



 

Here's the link to the recipe.  It's SO easy!  

You can use any frozen fruit you want.  Mixed berries, peaches, and strawberries are my favorite!  For this one I used strawberries & blueberries because that's what I had on hand.  

Note to self: Always keep puff pastry in the freezer.  There are so many things you can do with it when the mood strikes! 



RUSTIC = FANCY 



I cut mine just like a pizza, top with whip cream, and eat up! YUM!

Today is Ash Wednesday. 

I'm making eggs for dinner and then we are going to an evening mass to get ashes. It will be Easter before we know it.  It's hard to believe that time of year is just around the corner.  Wasn't it just Christmas?  John is making his confirmation in two weeks and today I saw signs of crocus buds sprouting up from the dirt.  It's 44 degrees out and Spring is in the air! 

Have a wonderful day friends, and a beautiful start to the Lenten season  

As always, stay cozy! xoxo 

1 comment:

  1. It is almost 70 degrees here today and very windy! I do believe spring maybe upon us.

    ReplyDelete