Monday, February 13, 2023

Lemon Scones (heart shaped for Valentine's Day ♥)

Good Morning and happy Monday! 

I hope you all had a nice weekend! Did you stay up and watch the Super bowl last night?  I'll be completely honest.  I didn't watch it.  Rob was enjoying it in the living room and John (who is also not a diehard football fan) and I were watching TV in the bedroom (Better Call Saul on Netflix.  It's amazing!).  I popped in every once in a while to see the score and catch a commercial or two.  When I went to bed it was 4th quarter and tied.  I found out who won this morning! I'm no football fan but that seemed stressful : )
 
And now we're here.  Another Monday morning already.  This week I have a few things on my agenda -  like Valentine's Day, a doctor's appointment with a new doctor, and taxes.  Fun.  I feel like this week is going to by fast so for my sanity's sake, I'm starting the day slowly with coffee, a scone, and some deep breaths. We can do this 

Speaking of....I made lemon scones yesterday.  I have shared this recipe before, so I'll repost the link here (yummy lemon scones).

I first made them last fall.  I was deep into watching the Crown and thus, craving scones.  Ironically, I just finished the Prince Harry book SPARE, which I thoroughly enjoyed 
(more than I thought I would). I still have mixed feelings on the situation but I feel like I have a little better insight now to certain things, if that makes sense.  I'm still processing....

Anyway, back to the scones...

It's a delicious scone!  Not dry like most and very lemon-y.  I LOVE them! 🍋

I used a heart shaped cookie cutter because everything taste better when it's heart shaped, right? 

Perfect for Valentine's Day! 



Aren't they cute?! 

 







A little glaze and some red sprinkles is all they needed to make them festive.  

Perfect with coffee or tea  




I wish I could share with all of you! 

Well, I'm off to do some work and get this Monday started.  The quicker we do that, the closer we get to Friday.  

Have a great week and thanks for stopping by today! 

And I hope you try these scones 

(you'll thank me later!) 

 xoxoxo 

PS - Happy Valentines Day!!! 

6 comments:

  1. Hello dear Danielle! We did watch the super bowl but I mainly enjoyed the commercials, the food, and the friends over. Lol Thank you for sharing this recipe - completely stealing it! I love that you did them as hearts - so clever and adorable! And I'm reading Prince Harry's book right now. And I'm watching Breaking Bad currently (never watched it back in the day) - but once I get that all binged, I will totally watch Better Call Saul. I've heard that's excellent too!
    Happy early Valentines to you! 💗 And have a wonderful week ahead. xo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those scones look yummy! Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hello! You found a doctor! Good! Hope it is quick and painless. And these look amazing. I have never made scones. I wish I had a super sweet talented bestie who could teach me. Oh, well. : )

    ReplyDelete
  4. they are adorable! I watched the superbowl because my husband loves it. I would not watch otherwise!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. They are yummilious....enjoyed every bit of it. keep posting....

    ReplyDelete