Friday, November 3, 2023

10 Things I Love ♥


Hello Friends! Happy Friday!  ♥

Before I get into this post I wanted to give you a little update.... My mom came home from the hospital on Wednesday night.  She's being treated with antibiotics and doing much better.  She has a physical therapist, occupational therapist, and visiting nurse that have been coming to the house for checkups and therapy.  So far so good! We have a long road in front of us, but we are heading in the right direction. Thank you for all your blessings.  We have felt them!

With that being said, I am full of gratitude this week.  I was trying to think of something to write about today and it seemed only fitting to do a "10 things I love" post.  I always say it's the little things in life that bring the most comfort and joy.  A really big chocolate chip cookie.  A warm, soft blanket.  Your favorite movie on TV just when you need it most.  Those things are the best things.  What would life be like without them? 

Here are ten VERY random things I currently love:  ♥

Dark chocolate.  I have one square a day.  It's delightful...especially when I dunk it in a cup of tea. I look forward to it every afternoon. Yum. 

Amazon, QVC, or any home delivery service.  It's hard to remember a time when Amazon didn't exist.  I currently have a cart full of Christmas presents ready to be ordered.  What a feeling to know packages will come right to my door and I never have to leave the house.  No crowded stores or waiting in long lines. RELIEF!  I'm even considering ordering a Thanksgiving dinner this year (fully cooked and ready to eat). What a time saver.  Our grandmothers may not approve, but I do : ) 

The Libby App.  Have you heard of this?  I'm sure I've talked about it before.  It's an app that hooks into your local library.  You can get books, magazine, audio books, all for free.  All you need is a library card.  I am obsessed with it!  I am constantly listening to audio books while I work and it's wonderful to be able to get them for free through my library.  I just downloaded a book called Don't Let Her Stay.  I love thrillers and so far this one is really good! 

Hot Cider.  Every fall we make hot cider.  I take store bought apple cider, add orange juice, cinnamon sticks, and cinnamon.  I heat it on the stove and pour it into my favorite fall mug.  Its the most comforting drink on a chilly October or November afternoon.  It's fall in a cup. And it makes the kitchen smell good too.

Baking Bread.  I've talked a lot of my love of bread making on this blog.  I have a deep love of dough. LOL  This year for Christmas I'm treating myself to a Food Nanny dough hook.  There is nothing like homemade bread. It's better for us and the act of making it is almost as good as eating it.  I find it very therapeutic and it brings me joy.

Panera Bread's Autumn Harvest Soup. Run to Panera and get a bowl ASAP. You're Welcome! 

Words With Friends.  I'm back on this app again.  I do my words throughout the day.  I'm currently in three games.  Let me know if you want to play : ) 

Neutrogena Hyaluronic Acid.  I've been using this on my face under my moisturizer for the past few months.  It adds extra hydration to the skin (something I really need!) now that the weather is changing (and my aging skin is changing!).  Don't let the name scare you.  It's very gentle and I've notice my makeup is looking a lot better since I've been using it.  Sharon left a comment on my blog a few weeks ago about doing a fall/winter makeup and fashion post.  Thank you Sharon, it's coming!  ♥

Vintage Jazz on Spotify.  There is something so nice about jazz music.  It creates the perfect background and sets the mood for a fall day.  I've been listening to a Spotify playlist called " Autumn Vintage Jazz" all week.  It's beautiful and brining peace to my days.  There are also some really nice ones on YouTube too.  In a few weeks I'll switch to "vintage Christmas Jazz"....haha

And speaking of Christmas...

Hallmark has started it's Countdown to Christmas.  All Christmas movies all the time.  I know some of you are rolling your eyes.  Yes they are corny and predictable but I like corny and predictable.  We need more if that in our lives.  Better than real life I say.  My favorite movies are the Lacey Chabert ones.  If I had to pick an actress to play me in my life story, she would be the one.  And you best believe it would be set in the cutest Christmas coffee shop or bakery you can imagine.  I love her and I love Hallmark.  IYKYK  ♥








Watching Hallmark Christmas movies is getting me excited for the holidays but I still have a lot of fall left in me to enjoy.  The next few weeks are some of my favorite of the year.  The stillness of early November is something to appreciate before the rush begins. You know what?....my decorations don't have to go up on a specific date.  And I've decided to allow myself to accept help when I need it.  

I am going to try to take it slow this year  ♥

Thank you so much for visiting me today.  I'm off to put a lasagna in the oven for dinner tonight.  I'm so glad the weekend is finally here.  I'm praying for good health and strength for my mom this weekend.  And John has a band concert on Sunday afternoon that Rob and I are looking forward to attending as well.

Have a wonderful weekend everyone! xoxo 


5 comments:

  1. Hi Danielle! I am keeping your mom in my prayers. Praying for complete healing and strength for the recovery journey. Have a great weekend! Looking forward to the fashion/ makeup post! : )

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi. I'll be praying for good health and strength for your mom this weekend. Praying and believing for a total and complete healing. I love Hallmark Christmas movies! I actually have one on now. And they are corny and predictable, but I love corny and predictable and we all need more of it in our lives. Lacey Chabert is one of my favorite Hallmark actresses. I think I've seen every movie she's ever played in more than once. Hope you have a cozy and relaxing weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  3. So glad that your mom is coming along! I love Hallmark Christmas movies, and now there are three channels to choose from (if you have Great American Family). My all time favorite is "Journey Back to Christmas" where Candace Cameron Bure is a WW2 era nurse who time travels to modern day. Her 40s fashions are wonderful.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think it's a wonderful list! So many great things and thanks for the tip about the Libby app! I'm glad your mom is home and doing well. Hopefully you're in for a lovely holiday season with everyone in good health. Oh, and I bet that cider makes the house smell wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love your 10 things you love list. Some of your loves are mine as well. and thanks for the tip on the Libby app. I'll have to try it. My son and I bought cider the other day and had forgotten it was in the fridge in the garage, reading your list made me remember. Guess we'll have hot cider today!!

    ReplyDelete