Wednesday, January 24, 2024

A quick catch up after being SICK! ♥




Hello Friends! 

I'm back from a short absence on here due to the flu completely wiping me out.  I went from feeling a little "under the weather" to a full blown old fashion flu.  The kind you remember as a kid when all you did was lay on the couch drinking flat ginger ale out of a straw watching The Price is Right.  That was me. And it was rough. It hit our entire household, one by one, including my dear 84 year old father.  I'm HAPPY to report we are currently all healthy and normal life has resumed! The house has been aired out, Lysoled, all linens laundered, and surfaces cleaned. The first thing I did once I felt a little better was bundle up and go for a winter walk.  It has snowed last week and the air was so fresh and clean.  It was cold but I loved it.  Then I came in and put a banana bread in the oven. 



It was just what I needed.  Not only did the house feel extra warm after being out in the cold, it smelled like heaven.  I put the tea kettle on and that's what I call a perfect afternoon (or close to it :).




On Sunday I started adding a few touches of Valentine's Day décor around the house.  It's nice to see the pops of pink and red.  Everything has been bare for the last few weeks which I don't mind a bit, but it did feel cozy to see some color.  There will be more to come.  Next week is Rob's birthday and after that I'll finish decorating for Valentine's Day.  This also means two cakes.  One for the birthday and one for Valentines Day. One is definitely going to be chocolate and I think the other will be coconut.  TBD. 

**These are the things I thought about while on a steady rotation of DAYQUILL and NYQUILL** 

 


I've been going through some of my mother's things. It's an ongoing process that is very bittersweet.  My mom was a teenager in the 50's and has a collection of many things from her childhood.  I think that's why I have such an affection of that time period.  I grew up hearing all about it and how wonderful and fun it was. My parents always told me that the film American Graffiti was exactly like how it was and they have such fond memories of growing up during those "good old days."

 Last year she gave all her Elvis records albums to John (she was a HUGE fan).  Knowing how much he loves Elvis, she knew he would take good care of them.  I grew up listening to all these records on our living room stereo.  She has some gems in her collection.  Bobby Vinton, Ricky Nelson, Dean Martin, and my favorite of the bunch...The Platters! 



I can imagine little teenage Patti Fumorla in her bedroom listening to "Only You" on her record player while pin curling her hair.  I love it.  I've played them all and they make me feel closer to her.  I'm smiling more than crying and that's a nice feeling. 



I'm sending you all some love today!  I hope you are all healthy and taking good care of yourselves.  If not, your body will tell you to slow down.  I think that's what happened to me.  I had no choice but to listen and now I'm feeling better.  

As someone who usually loves winter I'm looking forward to the springtime more than ever.  Warmer days, green grass, and flowers. I'm thinking about Easter and what that will mean to me this year.

Only a few months to go.....we'll get there! 

Love you! Stay cozy! xoxo 

 

8 comments:

  1. Hello, my dear friend. I am so sorry you had the dreaded flu. You described it perfectly. Please know we empathize with you completely, as we are passing it around here ourselves. I am sure John gave you Flynn's update. Nothing like being violently ill in a hotel room. Poor thing. Anyway, although I haven't texted, I have been thinking of you. Hugs and Love!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. ➾🌕🌖🌕➾Investment is one of the best ways to achieve financial freedom. For a beginner there are so many challenges you face. It's hard to know how to get started. Trading on the Cryptocurrency market has really been a life changer for me. I almost gave up on crypto at some point not until saw a recommendation on Elon musk successfully success story and I got a proficient trader/broker Mr Bernie Doran , he gave me all the information required to succeed in trading. I made more profit than I could ever imagine. I'm not here to converse much but to share my testimony; I have made total returns of $20,500.00 from an investment of just $2000.00 within 1 week. Thanks to Mr Bernie I'm really grateful,I have been able to make a great returns trading with his signals and strategies .I urge anyone interested in INVESTMENT to take bold step in investing in the Cryptocurrency Market, he can also help you RECOVER your lost Cryptocurrencies. you can reach him on WhatsApp : +1(424) 285-0682 or his Gmail : BERNIEDORANSIGNALS@GMAIL.COM
      , bitcoin is taking over the world, tell him I referred you➾🌕🌖➾
      🇺🇸➾🌕🌖➾🇺🇸
      🇺🇸🇱🇷➾🇱🇷🇺🇸

      Delete
  2. I am so very sorry to hear how ill the whole family was - but so glad to hear you are all on the mend. I love your vintage typewriter with the cute Valentine inside. Such a sweet way to decorate for the holiday. Take care, friend.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Welcome back! I'm glad to hear you and your household have recovered from the flu. Your cozy description of bundling up for a winter walk and baking banana bread sounds like the perfect way to get back into the swing of things! Stay well!

    In case you need info about hooker furniture collection take a look at here for heavy discount on New Year 2024.

    ReplyDelete
  4. We were sick with that nasty flu all last week also. Glad you're feeling better.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am so happy to hear that everyone is feeling better!

    ReplyDelete
  6. So many are suffering through the flu lately. I'm glad you're doing better! And I love the 50's era! I always think I should have been a teen in those days. It just suits me better. Your banana bread looks yummy. Take care and have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Bitcoin investments Scams

    Beware of Bitcoin investment schemes where scammers, posing as experienced "investment managers," lure investors with tales of massive cryptocurrency profits. Promising hefty returns, these fraudsters ask for an upfront fee, only to vanish with your money, leaving you with empty promises. They may even ask for personal information under the guise of fund transfers, risking your cryptocurrency security. Don't let the allure of quick wealth cloud your judgment. Always verify the credibility of those you're investing with and remember, if it sounds too good to be true, it probably is. Stay informed, invest wisely, and protect your digital assets.

    Got Scammed Online?

    Rustik Cyber Hack Service Team Of Experts Specialize In Retrieving Lost Funds From fraudulent Brokers. Crypto, BTC, Usdt , Eth, and Bank Transferred Funds scammed, etc.

    Get more information on Web site: RUSTIKCYBERHACKSERVICE. COM and easily reach out to Rustik Cyber Hack Service through WhatsApp + 1.38.63.48.78.38 and Telegram: @rustikcyberhackservice Email: rustikcyberhackservice@Gmail.com

    #CryptoScamAlert #InvestSmart #BitcoinBeware #SecureYourCrypto #FraudPrevention

    ReplyDelete