Monday, May 21, 2012

Nectarine Custard Pie


Hello Lovelies! 

Do you love nectarines?!  Here is a recipe for a nectarine custard pie that I know you are going to love.  You serve it cold so it's very refreshing.  I made this pie Sunday.  There were three pieces left over.  Tonight there are no pieces left over.  Hubby and I polished them off about an hour ago watching The Bachelorette.  This is my life : )


You will need:

4 cups chopped nectarines (about 5 large ).  You can leave the skin on.





3/4 cup buttermilk
3/4 cup sugar
2 eggs
1/4 cup flour
1/8 tsp salt
1 tsp vanilla
refrigerated ready-to-use pie crust




Preheat oven to 425 degrees.  Grease and flour a 9 inch pie plate.  Line with refrigerated pie crust (uncooked).

Whisk together the buttermilk, sugar, eggs, flour, and salt. 


Add vanilla.



Spread the chopped nectarines in the pie plate. 




Add the buttermilk mixture. 




Bake 40 minutes or until just set, covering the edges with foil to prevent over-browning. 
**As you can see I forget this step**...Oops!

Cool completely, and then refrigerate. 




Serve cold with a scoop of vanilla ice cream. 





YUM!

(recipe adapted from Good Housekeeping Magazine)


I've been thinking about how any fruit would work in this pie.  Strawberry?  Pineapple?  Maybe mango????  Oh, they are going to loooove me at the farmers market this year! 



Danielle xo

9 comments:

  1. Ooh I love nectarines! This looks delish! Thank you for the recipe xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love nectarines and this pie looks amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You know I haven't had a nectarine in forever and I just love them! Thanks for the reminder. And this pie looks like it's to die for. I'm starved now :) xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  4. i never would have thought of making this, but it sounds so delicious!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Aww! Yummy! This looks so good...you always find the best recipes and after you are done with them...they look so delicious! I love, love, love fruit pie of any kind...it's my absolute fav! Hope your week is going great...we are in the midst of 3 days of rain and counting! But the trees and lawns are looking beautiful & green! Angie xo

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh, amazing recipe, looks delicious! And you're a Martha Stuart's fan so you must be a good person, haha! I found your blog from another blog and really liked it, would you like to follow each other thru GFC? <3

    Have a wonderful day,
    Andrea*
    andrea-poof.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a wonderful pie. I wish I had some right now. I am wanting something sweet after dinner. Thanks for sharing another lovely recipe.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh my goodness, this recipe looks absolutely amazing! Already plotting how to make it vegan so I can test out it's deliciousness for myself :)

    <3 Shawna
    Serpentine Streets

    ReplyDelete
  9. I do indeed love nectarines so will happily give this a try.

    ReplyDelete