Sunday, September 7, 2014

The Heartfelt Home Cafe


 


Welcome to The Heartfelt Home Café!  The Heartfelt Home Café is a virtual space I have created for us to gather.  After a particularly stressful week at work I thought about how wonderful it would be to actually have a café that I could go to, meet my friends, have coffee, tea, & treats, and talk about whatever is on our minds.  How relaxing....  


 
 
 


I have a love for cafe's.  I love the smell of coffee, most of them have comfy chairs, and books, and are filled with the sounds of friends talking and laughing.  Whenever we travel, my husband and I  always pop into a local coffee or tea shop to get the feel of our environment.  The coolest people hang out in these places. And that's where you come in...










This is our space.  I need your help building our café.  Last night I created a pinterest board  (here)with ideas and images of what I thought you would like.  I picture our café on the corner of a cobblestone street in some beautiful European city.  I think next to a florist would be perfect because I could get bouquets of fresh cut flowers every morning to fill our space. 


 
 
Wouldn't this be lovely?
 
 
 
 

We  have an assortment of gourmet coffees and teas, all served on beautiful china.  If you are hungry there are pastries, croissants, and an endless variety of sweet treats, cookies, brownies, cakes, and chocolates. (and naturally everything is fat free at The Heartfelt Home Café - calories do not exist here : ) And maybe once a month we could have a wine and cheese tasting - after hours ♥




 
 
 
 

Music is key. I love the sounds of classical music in the background while I'm working, but I am open to any suggestions. I want you to be comfortable. What are you in the mood for?  I think white twinkle lights around the windows would be charming and I'll have vintage stationary available for you in case you would like to make a note or write a letter.  There is a charming old fashioned mailbox right outside next to the lamppost.  How convenient. We have at least one wall full of books available for you to take - all the classics of course.  Just be sure to return it so the next person can enjoy.


 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 




When you come to the café I encourage you to bring your current book, sewing project, or whatever else you may be interested in.  Our café is a place where we can share ideas and get inspiration. And don't worry about the time.  It stands still here.  Stay as long as you like.
 
 
 
 
Wouldn't it be grand?



It's a place for dreaming.  We can talk about what it would be like to go to Paris one day.  And someone in the group will surely have already been (as is usually the case) and she can tell us how truly fabulous it really is.  And then I will go get us more brownies because we will need them ♥



 
 
 
 
If you have any suggestions for our café please let me know.  I would love your ideas. The café would be nothing without you.  Every week I will visit this place with a new topic to discuss.  Maybe a book or a recipe or a TV show.  I just heard today that the new season of Downton Abbey starts September 21st!  We will have much to discuss after that!
 
 
 
 
I will no doubt still be doing my regular postings, but having this café will give me a new escape.  And isn't that what we all need once in a while?
After I leave here tonight I have real life laundry to do and a Spiderman lunchbox to pack. It's all good ♥
 
 
 
 
So do please join me in the café.  Leave me your comments & suggestions for our special place.  You are always welcome here and I am happy to have you  ♥♥♥
 
 

4 comments:

  1. I have no suggestions!
    You have done an amazing job of creating a place that I dream of...
    I shall be waiting in line each and every time you open, my friend.
    This is charming! : )
    I call a cozy seat by the books!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh Danielle! This is such a lovely idea! Congratulations on the opening of your cafe! I will be looking forward to visiting with you and the girlfriends every once in a while! We could share recipes, talk about Downton Abbey, discuss our current reads, etc. etc. What if we visited a different cafe each time you posted? Maybe one day in Paris, another in Rome? Ahh, the possibilities are endless! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  3. I don't think I could make a single suggestion. You've described the most perfect little cafe imaginable!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This such a neat and amazing idea! I love this, and the pictures are just, well, picture perfect! Cafes are one of my favorite things, and this perfectly encapsulates them!

    http://howtomakehome.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete