Wednesday, June 22, 2016

Preparing for a holiday ♥


How far in advance do you pack for a vacation? 

Saturday morning we are leaving for a week long summer vacation.  I'm super excited but I have to admit, whenever I travel I always experience a little anxiety.  Usually it's the mere fact that I'll be away from home, but this time I'm flying (on an airplane! eeek! ) which is something I haven't done in a very long time.  Just the thought of going to a crowded airport is keeping me up at night - let alone the packing.  Oh dear.  

Where do I begin? 

I will admit I usually bring too much on vacation.  I'm obsessed of having everything with me at all times.

This type of packing is much more doable on road trips.  I just load the car until we run out of room.  It's a little different when going on an airplane.  There is a charge per bag to check luggage on Delta.  Also the risk of losing a bag (gasp!).  

I'm resisting every urge I have to over pack and in turn, bring as little as possible.  

Danielle, the minimalist?  I'm not so sure.... ♥ 




* Starting to get my clothes together.  I'm only bringing outfits for four days.  I don't mind doing a load of laundry at the hotel. Something to do in between dips in the pool! 

 I can't forget my bathing suit, comfy pj's, and slippers.  

All the comforts of home ♥ 

Cutting down on what I bring means we won't have to check any luggage.  We each have one carry on.

Which means one less line to wait in! Yaaay!  That is motivating me to downsize.  




I have carefully packed my toiletries in little bags - all labeled so I can stay organized.  I downsized my makeup supply (which wasn't easy ) and have a bag for my camera, iPod, and charging cords.  

I'm not done yet, but it's a good start!




Tonight I am going to start on John's things, which surprisingly isn't that much.  Shorts, shirts, bathing suit, pj's, and "things for the plane" - his iPad, a sketchbook, and crayons.

Rob is packing is own bag. I have a feeling some of my things may spill over into his bag.  

Thanks honey! ♥ 




I'm going to use this cross body bag and small wallet (both are borrowed : ) 




 Luggage tags, hotel/airport paperwork, and a journal to record our days in.  I also have packed instant coffee for our room because I need my caffeine right away : ) 

Priorities...♥




Do you think we'll get this kind of service on the plane? 

Me either....sigh.  

Look at that spread! 




Since this is John's first time flying with his peanut allergy I'm bringing our own snacks for the plane just to be on the safe side.  I don't think he's going to miss the airline food.  

Something tells me it's not what it used to be : ) 




And I'm sure after the three hour journey we will emerge from the plane looking like this! Ta-da! 

If only I had that blue dress and hat ♥ 




Welcome to Florida! Fun in the sun! A week away from everyday life ~ 

We have been looking forward to this ♥ 





It's summer vacation time!!!  Once we get there, all my packing stress and anticipation will all be gone. 

Tonight I'm off to the salon to get my hair cut and then the only errand left will be a quick trip to the drug store for gum & snacks! 

Hoping to make magical memories next week!  I can't wait to share them with you!!! xoxo 

 Happy Summer! ♥


PS...all images are from the fabulous Pinterest (where else?).... 

1 comment:

  1. And I can't wait to share these amazing memories with you!!!!
    You are going to have so much fun!!!!
    And a packing pro! : )

    ReplyDelete