Wednesday, July 20, 2016

Frozen Hot Chocolate....it's almost Christmas! ♥


Did you know that Christmas is coming?  

No, I’m not talking about December 25th.  


I’m talking about July 25th.  This year for the first time we are celebrating Christmas in July!


It’s something I’ve always wanted to do.  Thanks to my friend Billie Jo, who does this every year, I’m so inspired reading her blog that I finally decided to do it.  What I have planned isn’t fancy, but it will be fun.  The night before I’m going to set up a few small decorations and I’m told that our favorite elves (Zip & Zoom) might be stopping by for a summer visit! 


from last year....he loves these guys! 

That morning John and I are having cinnamon rolls for breakfast while we watch our favorite Christmas movie….A Christmas Story! Later that day I promised him we would make Christmas cookies. We’ll light a winter candle, put on our favorite Christmas CD and pretend its December. It’s supposed to be in the 90’s all weekend so staying cool in the a/c sounds perfect to me!


Last week I found a few small gifts for him at the dollar store (nothing crazy) that I’ll wrap and leave out in the morning.


And for something extra special I saw a recipe online for Frozen Hot Chocolate!  I gave the recipe a test run yesterday to see if it was worth making on Monday and guess what? It’s delicious!!!

If you’re looking for a summer treat (not just for Christmas in July) you must try this.  

It’s so easy too!

2 cups milk
3 hot cocoa packets
3 cups ice

Mix all in a blender until smooth.

Top with whip cream!




This makes 3-4 servings.  I cut the recipe in half and it made 2 huge mugs J


good to the last drop : ) 



I hope this is the start of a long tradition that my son will remember forever


Happy Summer days, my friends!!! xoxoxo

2 comments:

  1. I LOVE this, Danielle!!!!
    Can we please join you?!?!
    How fun would that be?
    Thanks for the recipe!!!
    Looks amazing!
    Merry Christmas!!! : )

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's so delicious! I have one waiting for you! : )

    ReplyDelete