Wednesday, July 20, 2016

Frozen Hot Chocolate....it's almost Christmas! ♥


Did you know that Christmas is coming?  

No, I’m not talking about December 25th.  

♥

I’m talking about July 25th.  This year for the first time we are celebrating Christmas in July!

♥

It’s something I’ve always wanted to do.  Thanks to my friend Billie Jo, who does this every year, I’m so inspired reading her blog that I finally decided to do it.  What I have planned isn’t fancy, but it will be fun.  The night before I’m going to set up a few small decorations and I’m told that our favorite elves (Zip & Zoom) might be stopping by for a summer visit! 


from last year....he loves these guys! 

That morning John and I are having cinnamon rolls for breakfast while we watch our favorite Christmas movie….A Christmas Story! Later that day I promised him we would make Christmas cookies. We’ll light a winter candle, put on our favorite Christmas CD and pretend its December. It’s supposed to be in the 90’s all weekend so staying cool in the a/c sounds perfect to me!

♥

Last week I found a few small gifts for him at the dollar store (nothing crazy) that I’ll wrap and leave out in the morning.

♥

And for something extra special I saw a recipe online for Frozen Hot Chocolate!  I gave the recipe a test run yesterday to see if it was worth making on Monday and guess what? It’s delicious!!!

If you’re looking for a summer treat (not just for Christmas in July) you must try this.  

It’s so easy too!

2 cups milk
3 hot cocoa packets
3 cups ice

Mix all in a blender until smooth.

Top with whip cream!




This makes 3-4 servings.  I cut the recipe in half and it made 2 huge mugs J


good to the last drop : ) 



I hope this is the start of a long tradition that my son will remember forever ♥


Happy Summer days, my friends!!! xoxoxo

2 comments:

  1. I LOVE this, Danielle!!!!
    Can we please join you?!?!
    How fun would that be?
    Thanks for the recipe!!!
    Looks amazing!
    Merry Christmas!!! : )

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's so delicious! I have one waiting for you! : )

    ReplyDelete