Friday, January 19, 2018

Emotional eating....cherry coffee cake ♥


Hello Everyone! Happy Friday! 


This week I've been feeling a bit of the January blues.  You know what I mean, right?  I've reached that point in the winter where the prettiness of the snow has worn off and now all I'm doing is wishing for spring! I've been able to pacify myself with Netflix but sometimes even that doesn't help.  Which leads me to my next resort.  Emotional eating.  Sigh.  I am so guilty of this.  When in doubt I turn to my pantry.  The other night after a New Jersey Housewives binge I actually found myself eating Toll House chocolate chips straight from the bag.  Oh dear.... 

I've been trying to stay on the positive side of things.  I know winter will indeed end one day and it will be warm again.  That's good to know.  The snow is very pretty, but only if I don't have to drive in it....(FYI - the reason for some of my crankiness this week), and Valentines day is coming up in a few weeks and I really do LOVE Valentines day.  I've already taken out my Valentine decorations to cheer up the house and that has help a little bit.  Hearts always do ♥




So anyway, instead of eating chocolate chips straight from the bag I decided to do some baking.  One night I noticed a can of cherry pie filling sitting on the shelf.  Hmmm....looks good.  What can I do with it? My first thought was cherry pie, but for the first time in I think FOREVER  I didn't feel like making a pie crust.  
(I know, 50's housewives everywhere are shaking their fingers at me...)  I wanted something quick and easy.  I decided on this cherry coffee cake because it's easy to make and perfectly acceptable to eat for breakfast as well as dessert.  That's exactly what I need right now! Bring it on! 



Before...



I made the batter Wednesday night and baked it as soon as I woke up on Thursday morning.  I don't know if it was the sweet aroma of the cherries but my mood was definitely improving.   I was able to bake this and let it cool all before I left for work at 8:30.  I cut a small piece and brought it with me.  It was delicious.......

Instant happiness! ♥


After...


So does this mean my whole mood and personality is defined  by my food choices?  If that's the case I better have cake everyday!  What about you? Are you an emotional eater like me?  And why do those chips taste so much better straight from the bag?  Oh man.  Spring better hurry up and get here soon! ♥




Ooey gooey goodness....:) 

It's so yummy and not overly sweet! If you are tired of the cold and wishing for spring I strongly suggest this cake.  It will remind you of sunshine, jelly beans, and daises.  All things spring, which is right around the corner...sort of ♥  




recipe from Bunny's Warm Oven..


Happy a happy weekend, friends!  xoxox  



3 comments:

  1. I LOVE LOVE LOVE cherry coffee cake! You are not alone in the winter blues. <3 After Christmas, I always feel a little down!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yum that cake looks delicious. lol at 50's housewives shaking their fingers. I think most of us feel those winter blues, I feel like I've been hibernating and just now am struggling to throw the blankets off and get back to my routine-the struggle is real, I just want to cuddle with my family.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm definitely with you regarding the winter blues. I'm done with the cold and snow and I'm so ready for spring! This cake looks like the perfect distraction. I wouldn't call myself an emotional eater. I try to eat healthy during the week so I can allow myself some indulgence on Friday nights and on the weekend! :)

    ReplyDelete