Friday, January 5, 2018

Hello 2018!

Hello Everyone! 
Let me first wish you a very happy new year!
Welcome to 2018!

I hope you all had fun celebrating are off to a great start of the new year.  Since it's been a week since my last post I thought I would catch you up a bit with some random photos....






We celebrated a quiet new year here at home just like I like it.  It was much to cold to even consider leaving the house (at least in my opinion) so we opted for homemade chicken broccoli & ziti with garlic bread, funfetti cake, a few games, and watching the ball drop in Times Square.








I was happy we made it to midnight! For me, that's an accomplishment! ♥



(last picture of 2017) 


We spent New Years Day taking down the Christmas tree and cleaning the house.  I like starting the year feeling organized.  We'll see how long it lasts! #fingerscrossed  ♥





The year also started with this gorgeous super moon! I forgot to look for it before I went to bed but luckily she was still shining when I woke up the next morning.  I took it as sign of good luck and went outside and made wish.  And then I ran back in the house because it was only 3 degrees out! Brrrr!





January has been absolutely freezing so far.  It only bothers me when I have to leave the house.  Otherwise, I'm happy under my blanket watching TV or reading.  I just started this book the other night and it's very good!  One of my resolutions is to make more time for the things I enjoy, like reading!. 

I'm wasting no time : )






Yesterday were all home because we had a blizzard! Our first snow of 2018!









 It was so windy and freezing! It snowed all day and left us with over a foot of snow!  





The cozy spot! 







 I made us grilled cheese sandwiches for lunch and we had hot chocolate  ♥

 (both a must on snow days!) 




Two snow days in a row and livin' in a robe! Life is good! 

Also, he got a haircut....yay! 





I'm grateful for husbands who go out in the freezing cold to snowblow and shovel! 

Temperatures have now dropped to single digits with wind chills below zero.  

I'm not surprised that this happened....





My annual post Christmas cold. Ugh....



But as long as I have hot tea, tissues tucked in my sleeve, and a warm blanket I'll survive. 

I sound a little bit like Darth Vader when I talk..  Honey in my tea is really helping that situation, although I'm kind of getting used to it  #welcometothedarkside  

And that's how I started 2018!  Aside from the cold, it's been pretty good so far! 

Hopefully after a weekend of  rest I'll be good as new!

Have a great weekend, my friends! I hope you all had a great first week of January!

Stay warm! xo  









9 comments:

  1. Sooo many things to love in this post! You should share the recipe for your chicken broccoli ziti - it looks amazing! As does the hot cocoa <3 YUM! Hope you are feeling better.

    Madison | Breakfast at Madison’s

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your New Year's dinner sounds perfect! And those glasses of cocoa look so good.

    Yay for reading more books! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Stay warm, I hope you feel better! Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I was going to say the exact same thing Madison did!!!!
    The pasta looks amazing!!!!
    Hugs!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the view from your "cozy spot". So pretty.

    ReplyDelete
  6. It’s my fortune to go to at this blog and realize out my required stuff that is also in the quality. find this

    ReplyDelete
  7. Alpha Testo Maxxx A person boost your weight loss and the strength training to Enhance Muscle Supplement to enhance your metabolism. The combination is considerably effective to be able to doing either type of exercise on my own. Its one such question I purchase asked usually in the gym via email and on the user discussion forums. http://t-rexmuscleadvice.com/alpha-testo-maxxx/

    ReplyDelete
  8. Happy New Year, Danielle! My greeting is a little late, but better late than never. HA! I'm glad to have caught up with all your January posts. I enjoy reading them so much. Makes me feel so much closer to you. XOXO

    ReplyDelete