Sunday, August 19, 2018

Happy 11th Birthday, John! ♥

Hello Friends!
 
This past week John celebrated his 11th birthday.  When I look at him I can hardly believe my baby boy is 11! This is the boy I would carry around in my arms and now I can barley lift him.....and he can lift me!  When did we switch places? 

We had two family dinners to celebrate John (one with my parents on Thursday and then again today with Rob's side).  Saturday he had some school friends over for a party.  Yup, I'm exhausted!  It's been a week long celebration, but he deserves every minute of it ♥
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 

So how do we celebrate?


 
 
Well, first we need a cake.  Funfetti was requested.
 
 
 
 
Add some snacks and balloons. 
 
 
 
 
The fixings for sundaes….
 
 
 
 
And of course, the boys!
 
They had a ball eating and telling funny stories!  This is one great group of friends : )
 
 
 
 
 
 
After that we went outside and I learned what a "face plant" is....because John did one with his sundae!
 
 
 
 
 
HAPPY BIRTHDAY!
 
(he wasn't the only one, trust me!:)
 
It's ok though, because right after that it was time for water balloons and a full on water war!
 
 
 
 
Luckily Saturday was a hot August day, so this "war" was very refreshing!
 

 
 
Absolutely drenched but happy!
 
(note the Golden Girls shirt on John! LOL : )
 

 
 
Our family gatherings were a little more low key, but still very fun.  There was cake. There was cousins. There was ice cream. I had coffee. He was happy : )
What more do we need?
 
 
Another one of John's birthday's has come and gone and I'm so grateful to our generous family and friends who helped us celebrate!  John had a wonderful time! ♥
 
 And now we rest.  At least I do.... :)
 
 
Happy new week, friends! 
Can you believe we are mid way through August?
 It's time to cram in all the summer we can before it's over. We've only got 2 and a half weeks to go before John goes back to school.  I'm excited for Fall but sad to see the summer coming to an end.  And I've only had 1 s'more all season!  I've got a lot of catching up to do in the next 2 weeks! ♥
 
 

1 comment:

  1. Happy Birthday to you awesome son!!!!
    You sure know how to celebrate, my sweet friend!
    What a nice looking group of friends he has.
    I am with you waiting for fall, but wondering where summer went.
    Hugs, my friend!

    ReplyDelete