Wednesday, August 15, 2018

Lemon noodles (again) ♥

Hello Friends!
 
You may be thinking you've seen this recipe on my blog before, and you would be right! I've posted this one before, but it's so good that I thought it deserved a repost. 
 
I was scrolling through my recipes tonight trying to decide what to make for dinner tomorrow night (as you are reading this, it's tonight :) and I came across this one.  YUM! And just by luck I have all the ingredients on hand.  Don't you love when that happens? 
 
I've been so bad at meal planning lately.  I'm basically following the "winging it" method this summer.  Depending on how hot it is, how tired I am, and what kind of leftovers we have hanging around, are all factors in the "winging it" method.  It's August (which in New England is the hottest month of summer!) so I'm giving myself a free pass with some easy suppers.  In just a few weeks it will be September (yay!) and back to school time, which means chicken pot pies, minestrone soup, pot roasts in the crock pot, and all the other yummy comfort foods that come with that time of year! I can't wait! ♥
 
But we aren't there yet, and on an off chance that it's not too hot to break out the pots and pans, here is an easy peasy recipe for lemon noodles.  It's a Susan Branch recipe so you know it's going to be a good one.  I make this every summer.
 
In fact... I'm making it tonight....and you can too : )
 
 
(honestly, I wouldn't post it on this blog so many times if it wasn't absolutely delicious!!) 






Recipe adapted from Susan Branch's Vineyard Seasons

1 lb spaghetti
1/2 cup butter
1/2 cup ricotta cheese **
juice of 1 lemon
1 tsp grated lemon peel
freshly ground pepper
1/4 cup minced parsley
Parmesan cheese

Preheat oven to 400 degrees.  Cook the noodles in boiling water; drain and put in baking dish.  Melt butter in a small saucepan; remove from heat.  Stir in ricotta cheese, lemon juice, and lemon peel.  Pour over pasta, toss and bake for 20-25 minutes. 
 
 
 
 
 
 
Remove from oven and sprinkle with lots of freshly ground pepper, parsley, and Parmesan cheese. 

Toss and eat.
 
 
 
 
 
 
** Susan's recipe calls for 1 pt of sour cream. I always use ricotta cheese instead and it comes out delicious, but feel free to use the sour cream if you have it on hand **
 
 
 
 
 
I like to serve lemon chicken tenders over this pasta  ♥

You could also leave out the meat and just add veggies. It's delicious!

Some variations I've tossed in are chopped tomatoes and spinach / peas/ and grilled summer veggies. 

Use whatever you like and Enjoy! ♥ 
 
 
Have a happy and sunny day, my friends!
 
If you need me I'll be by the air conditioner, waiting for September to arrive.
(not really, but....really ♥)
 
 
Bye~
 
xoxo
 

1 comment: