Monday, March 18, 2019

St. Patrick's Day and the first sign of Spring ♥


Good Morning Friends! Happy new week!

I hope you are all having a nice start to this Monday.  It's cold but sunny here (a chilly 32 degrees!).  As I type this I am sitting at my desk drinking a hot cup of French vanilla coffee and it is bringing me to life this morning.  The early mornings are darker now when I wake up since daylight savings but the evenings are soooo nice.  Last night the sun didn't set until almost 7pm! 
We are settling into the new routine and things are good.  


Did you celebrate St. Patrick's Day yesterday?   We started with a lovely brunch with my in laws at a local restaurant and ended the day with my Dad's famous boiled dinner.  Our tradition!  Like all holidays it was a day of eating!  Next Sunday our town is holding its first annual Irish Heritage Day and John has been asked by his friend Sean to walk in the parade and give out candy!  We are all looking forward to that, so St. Patrick's Day isn't quite over for us yet.  We have one more week to celebrate!  








We've had no shortage of Irish bread in our house the last few weeks.  
(click here for my recipe - it's not too late to make it : ) 






You won't regret it!
#yum  







Or Irish themed treats.

Which were delicious, btw : ) 





I hope however you spent your Sunday you enjoyed the celebrations!  Weather it was watching a parade, eating corned beef & cabbage, or just staying cozy at home with a blanket and a cup of tea (my first choice : )




And so another holiday has passed and time is marching on....  

John reminded me today that in only 3 months it will be June and 6th grade will be over! What?  How do we stop this train from moving so fast?! 

I wanna get off ~ 





And then this happened.  I walked outside and saw THIS! 

Tulips are coming! 

Pretty amazing since the ground is still practically frozen.  




We are two days away from the first day of Spring!  


Can you feel it?  I can!  


And that's all I've got for you today, friends!  Short & sweet!  


Thank you for stopping by.  I love sharing my days with you!  


Have a great Monday! xo 



4 comments:

  1. I love your lucky mug!!! :)
    I'm loving signs of spring everywhere.
    Happy Monday!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I would have loved to eat dinner with you all!
    That is one of my very favorite meals, but no-one else likes it!
    We did have shepherd's pie. It was good!
    John simply cannot be going into 7th grade!
    Any more than Flynn will be going into 4th!!!!!!!!
    Hugs and love to you all. : )

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, I can’t wait until we see more signs of spring! We’re in the mountains and it always takes longer. 🌷

    ReplyDelete