Thursday, March 28, 2019

Apple Dumplings ♥

Hello Friends! 

It's officially Spring! However the weather doesn't seem to agree. It's still quite chilly here but at least the sunshine is lovely so I'm thankful for little miracles.  

Today I'm super excited to share with you an easy apple recipe.  I know, it's not technically apple season, but really - isn't it always apple season? 

I saw this recipe a while back on one of my favorite YouTube channels called Bits of Paradis.  If you haven't seen it you should really check it out!  Brittany Paradis vlogs her day to day life as a mom and wife and I just love her style!  Her home is so beautiful!  Here is the link to her channel if you want to see her demonstrate how to make these apple dumplings (here).

It's super easy and really hits the spot when you need a little comfort food in your life.  As we all do! 




For the recipe you need:

2 large apples 
2 packages of refrigerated crescent roll dough (I used Pillsbury)
1 cup of apple juice or cider
1 cup sugar
1 stick of butter
1 tsp vanilla 
cinnamon



For the apples I used Granny Smiths.  Peel and core them, and then cut them into large thick slices. 

I used one of these things to cut my apples.



I got six large slices each : ) 






Unroll the crescent dough and separate the triangles.  Wrap up one apple per triangle. 




Arrange neatly in a buttered baking dish.





In a medium saucepan melt butter.  Add the apple juice.    
Simmer on low heat for a few minutes.  Now add the sugar.  Stir very gently.  You don't want the sugar to fully dissolve. Let simmer for about a minute.  Now add the vanilla.  




Remove from heat and pour over your apple bundles.  




Sprinkle with cinnamon. 




As much as you like : ) 




Bake for 30-40 minutes.  I checked mine at about 35 minutes and they were done! 





Can be served warm, cold, or at room temperature.  Don't forget to drizzle some of the yummy sauce over the top! We  had ours slightly warm with whip cream. 

So So Gooooood!!!!!

These dumpling came together very quickly and made my kitchen smell amazing!

Apple-cinnamon is the best aromatherapy in the world, don't you think : - )


Brittany originally posted these dumplings at Thanksgiving time but I'm thinking they would be delicious as part of an Easter breakfast...or anytime! 


Thank you so much for stopping by my corner of the world ~ 

I hope the sun is shining on you today! 

Happy Spring! xo 



No comments:

Post a Comment