Friday, July 5, 2019

Happy July 4th!

Happy Fourth of July!  

Our celebration began on Wednesday evening with our town's annual fireworks display.  It's always a fun time for everyone to come out and have hot dogs and ice cream and watch the fireworks.  It was hot that night but we had a lot of fun.  I treated myself to a strawberry shortcake ice cream! I haven't had one in YEARS and I forgot how much I loved them.  It was so good and brought back a lot of memories! 

On Thursday we spent a lazy day at the beach with family.  It was awesome! John spent hours in the water with his cousins riding waves, while the adults were comfy up on the sand, under our umbrellas, enjoying each others company.  It was such a nice, relaxing time.  We ended the day with homemade blueberry pie for my mother's birthday and watching the Boston Pops Fireworks Show on TV.  I love the Pops and it's my tradition to watch them every year....from the comfort of my own couch!  (we also switched the channel to see the fireworks in New York and wow, they were amazing too!!).  




.









I hope you all had a happy and safe holiday! 

It was tough getting up for work today after all that beach time.  Its not as easy as it used to be, but at least it's Friday!  
Yippeee!!! :) 


Have a wonderful weekend everyone!!!


xoxo 

1 comment:

  1. I love your day, sweet friend.
    Happy Birthday, Mom!!!!
    See you soon!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete