Friday, July 12, 2019

In the good old summertime! ♥

Hello Friends!!!  How is your summer going?  We've been doing well.  Here's a little catch up of our summer so far...  

My plan for this summer was to follow no particular schedule.  Since John did not want to sign up for any camps, that left our days open.  He's been wonderful, keeping himself busy at home making movies for his YouTube channel, spending time with my parents, and getting together with his cousins and friends.  We are trying to get in as much beach time as possible on the weekends and eating our weight in ice cream. 

On my days off I've been planning little things for us to do together like picnics, which he complains about, but I think secretly enjoys.  Once night I convinced him to paint rocks with me.  Which was not an easy task, but I finally got him to agree : )   

And it was fun! 





A strawberry (or is it a watermelon slice???)  and a flip flop...my art skills need work! 



This past  Monday we brought breakfast and our art supplies to a small beach/marina by our house and had a breakfast picnic.  It was my favorite day so far this summer!  







This past week my friend Julie invited us to visit a beach nearby to where she works.  It was only about a half hour from my house but I had never been before.  We went about 5pm and stayed until 8:30pm.  John swam in the ocean with his friends Michael & Sean and then we got to see the sunset.

While he was swimming I was thinking to myself that THIS IS SUMMER and I'm so happy he's able to experience these little moments.  We had so much fun that night! 

* Julie also took us to the most darling Danish Ice Cream Shop where I had the most delicious homemade ice cream!!! 


I chose peppermint stick because (don't be mad at me) even though I'm dedicated to living summer to it's fullest, I've been watching Christmas movies all month on the Hallmark Channel because of Christmas in July, so I just had too....sorry/not sorry! 




YUM!!!! 





Old fashioned summer fun! 

Love it!!!  









Back at home there's been board games and TV watching while keeping cool in the a/c.  Only venturing out occasionally to see a movie or two. Most recently the new Spider-Man movie which we all LOVED!  I haven't been cooking big meals lately (too hot : ) so we've been keeping things simple - grilled chicken, burgers, salads, pasta salads...whatever is quick and easy.  We are also a little obsessed with sweet potatoes fries right now! 10 minutes in the toaster and DONE!  








These summer days are going by too fast, but we are trying to enjoy them as easily and slowly as possible 




This weekend we have something very special planned.  We are packing up the car and heading out early Saturday morning on a road trip to visit our very special friends in Pennsylvania!  They are hosting us for the entire weekend and I couldn't be more excited (and grateful!!!). 
We've been looking forward to this trip for a long time and now it's finally here. 
My heart is full! 


I'm in charge of packing snacks for the car and Rob assures me we will be making plenty of coffee stops along the way!

Off we go!  ♥ 





Have a wonderful weekend my friends!  I'll be back soon! 


I hope you are enjoying everyday of this beautiful summer! 


Xoxox 

2 comments: