Monday, June 15, 2020

Happy Monday! ♥

Hello Friends!  

I hope this Monday morning finds you well and you all had a restful weekend.   We are experiencing some beautiful weather here in Massachusetts.  Today is 70 degrees and sunny! 

 That with my morning coffee is making me smile today. 




There is never enough coffee.....am I right? 




Over the weekend we treated ourselves to jelly donuts and ice coffees.  A habit we need to break but it's sooooo hard! 

#treatyourself has become my daily motto! (or excuse:)





Last week seemed to fly by in a blink.  For me the highlight was getting my new slippers in the mail that I ordered from Kohls.com.  They are Isotoners and so comfortable.  They are on my feet all day!
It's the little things that make me happy : )  





On Tuesday we went to John's school to return books and clean out his locker.  As of Friday he's officially on summer break!  Yahoooo!  The year certainly didn't go as planned but I'm proud of him for doing so well under the circumstances.  It will be interesting to see what next year brings.  He'll be in 8th grade and it will be his last year at this school before moving on to high school.  Just thinking about that makes me want to cry.  

It's going to be an emotional year (for me! : ) 




On Saturday we enjoyed a socially distanced lunch with my in laws in their gorgeous back yard! 
It was lovely to catch up with good food in a beautiful setting.  




Things are getting a little better here these days, so I'm thankful we can start visiting family again! 




Meanwhile back at home.... cookies, cookies, cookies  




And this candle, which I'm obsessed with! 




Finding little moments of peace within my day is essential.  This was one of them. 





And here's something I've been dying to share with you.  A quick dessert with only 2 ingredients.  

Frozen puff pastry and canned pie filling.




Roll out the pastry and add the filling (I used cherry) to the middle.  Then wrap up the sides like you are making a gallet.  Brush with a little water and bake at 350 for 40 minutes! 




 It's like pie when you don't have time to make a pie!  SOOOOO GOOD! 

Have a wonderful Monday Everyone!  

Thanks for stopping by! I hope you have sunshine today! 

XO 

1 comment:

  1. I am on my way!!!!
    Is that pizza you had with you family?
    Because it looks amazing.
    When you visit next time, i am putting you to work...baking!

    ReplyDelete