Monday, February 15, 2021

How was your weekend? ♥


Good Morning Friends! Happy Monday!  I hope you all had a happy Valentines Day! 

My weekend was lovely and very relaxing, just as I hoped it would be.  On Saturday John and I went out for a little car ride.  We've been doing this since the pandemic started just to "get out" and it's become a weekend routine for us now that we really enjoy.  We cruise around town, listen to music, and will most likely hit a drive through for drinks and snacks.  Honestly, I've been down roads in my town that I've never seen before in all of the 46 years I've lived here! It's kind of fun. My favorite part is John and I talk and tell stories.  He doesn't realize it, but I'm bonding with him! LOL 

This past Saturday we also made a quick socially distanced visit to my in laws who live a few towns over, to wish them a happy Valentine's Day.  It was nice to see them!  The pandemic has hit everyone pretty hard and it's not getting any better around here, but I am grateful to be able to make those quick little stops when I can. 

Valentine's Day was delightful.  I woke up to the biggest cup of Dunkin Donuts coffee I've ever seen! According to Rob it's called "the great one".  It's not on the menu but if you ask, they'll make it for you.  He knows the way to my heart 

We had a quiet day and I was even able to squeeze in a 30 minute rest on the couch right after I put this cake in the oven.  Rob offered to treat us to a take out dinner so I didn't have to cook, but I still wanted to make dessert : ) 

 





Our favorite take out place is closed on Sundays so we went with our second choice, which turned out to be amazing.  I got the fish sandwich.  It was Yummy! 




Strawberry cake for dessert, followed by cards, and movie.  

I couldn't have asked for a more cozy day with my loved ones.  














 And all of sudden it's Monday again and the start of a new week.  Rob has taken John out sledding and I'm warm and cozy here at my desk, steaming coffee at my side, and awaiting more snow....actually slush because it's supposed to be a "wintery mix" which usually equals slushy mess.  Can you tell I'm over winter?  We are half way through February my friends and Spring is one day closer!  Yay. 

Wishing you all the best Monday and I'm sending you good vibes for the week ahead.  Tonight's dinner is chicken pot pie so I'm going to prepare that now so I don't have to worry about it later.  I'll just pop it in the oven.  Don't you love those kinds of dinners?  Me too! 

Byeeee! xo 



1 comment:

  1. Could you day have been any more perfect????
    Beautiful you, delicious looking cake, and a giant cup of coffee.
    Yay!

    ReplyDelete