Wednesday, April 7, 2021

Strawberry Jam Muffins ♥

Hello Friends!  

Since I've never met a muffin I didn't like, today I'm sharing one of my favorites.  I've posted this recipe before, but since we're coming up on strawberry season I thought I would share it again.  I'm planning on making a batch of these Saturday morning.  They are just the right amount of sweet and everything I love in a muffin.  Perfect for spring time! 



This recipe makes 6 muffins.   

You could always double the recipe if you want to make a full dozen.




To make the muffins you will need:
 
3/4 cups flour
2 tbls sugar
1 tsp baking powder
1/4 tsp salt
2/3 cup milk
1/2 teaspoon of vanilla
1 egg, beaten
2 tbls vegtable or canola oil
1/2 cup strawberry jam







Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
 
Spray a 6 cup muffin tin with non stick spray.  I only had a big tin so I used the middle 6 cups : )





In a medium size mixing bowl combine all the dry ingredients. 
I always use a whisk to get out any lumps in the flour ♥
 
Add the milk, eggs, vanilla, and oil.  Mix until just combined. 
Fold in the jam (stir it around 3-4 times).  Don't over mix.
Fill muffin cups about 3/4 full.
 
*reserve a little bit of the jam to add to the tops of the muffins.  I held back about 1/4 of it and then swirled it on the tops with a fork *
 
Bake 15-17 minutes, until the edges are slightly golden and the tops are springy to the touch. 
 





Let cool on a rack.  Dust with powdered sugar and enjoy!









Would be a nice little addition to your Sunday brunch or with a steaming cup of 4:00 tea 

Now that I think about it, I may not wait until Saturday to bake these....and I will definitely be doubling the recipe! : ) 

Happy Wednesday everyone! I hope you are all having a wonderful week.  We are half way to Friday! 

Woo-woooo! 🎉

No comments:

Post a Comment