Monday, April 12, 2021

Hello New Week! ♥



Good afternoon lovely friends! 

Isn't it nice to see all the forsythias booming?! They are always the first pops of color I see in my neighborhood.  I don't have a forsythia bush in my yard anymore so I took the liberty of snipping a few branches from a friends house.  It certainly cheered up the room.  Especially since I put all my Easter decorations away over the weekend. I still have some candy I'm snacking on, but that's hidden in a secret space...just for me 

On a quick stop to CVS I also picked up this cute little Aloe plant.  It was on a 75% off table... all by itself.  I couldn't let it go.  As you know I am no not good with plants but I'm trying to be better.  I've always wanted to have an Aloe plant so here goes nothing.  I asked my Instagram friends how to care for it and basically all you do is NOT water it!  I think I can handle that.  LOL 

Wish me luck! : ) 




This week is going to be rainy.  It's cool and damp today and when I got up this morning I was wishing I had soup in the freezer to defrost.  Unfortunately not, BUT I did have all the ingredients for sweet & sour chicken so I pulled out the crock pot and in everything went.  It's been simmering away for a few hours now and the kitchen is smelling yummy! I have some leftover cornbread from last night's dinner and I'm going to whip up a quick cole slaw as a side dish.  Dinner tonight will be a cinch.  I love it when I have all that sorted by 10 am! haha. 

Ooohhh and speaking of food, did you know today is National Grilled Cheese Day?  As soon as I heard that I knew I couldn't let it go uncelebrated.  So here we are. The best lunch ever invented!  
I'm not kidding you when I say I could live off of cereal and grilled cheese sandwiches.  
It doesn't take much to make me happy!  : ) 




My plan for the week is to be productive but be easy on myself. I have a to-do list a mile long, but everyday I set aside the hour between 4 and 5 to sit on the couch and rest.  I make tea and either watch a tv show or read a few chapters from my current book.  Sometimes I doze off.  That time out is such a stress reliever. I never used to take breaks like that so I have to force myself to slow down and recharge.  It makes cooking dinner and the rest of my evening go much more smoothly. 

I'm learning the older I get the kinder I have to be to myself 
(especially on a Monday!) 




Have a wonderful day friends! Be kind to yourself today.  You deserve it! xo 


1 comment:

  1. Hello Beautiful friend!
    I am on my way over for a grilled cheese, ok????

    ReplyDelete