Wednesday, October 6, 2021

Soup & Salad Night ♥

Hello Friends! 

October has gotten off to a cool and rainy start.  I've been wearing my cozy cardigan all week and we put extra blankets on the beds because it's getting chilly at night. I actually love a cold bedroom because then being under the blankets feels extra cozy. The three of us have also been nursing colds all week which hasn't been fun.  Today I made a big pot of chicken soup and we had soup and salad for dinner.  It was easy, delicious, and good for our souls. Natures medicine for a cold, right? 

 I made a mental note to add soup and salad night into our weekly meal rotation.  I would like to try a new soup every week, so if you have any recommendations please let me know and I'll share the recipes on here! 

This week's recipe comes from The Food Nanny.  I just started following her on Instagram.  She's absolutely delightful and makes me want to have my own farm and be a cowgirl!  Her blog is lovely and I want to try every recipe!  



This recipe uses bullion cubes which gives the soup a nice, rich flavor.  The only ingredient I omitted were frozen peas (only because I forgot to buy them : ) 

**Click here for the recipe** 




There is something blissful about a pot of soup bubbling on the stove, especially when you have a cold.  

I'm very happy it's soup season   

I'm off to bed now, to snuggle under my extra blankets and watch an episode or two of Reba (my new phase!) and then drift off to sleep.  

Happy mid-week friends!  How are you staying cozy this week? 


1 comment: