Wednesday, October 6, 2021

Soup & Salad Night ♥

Hello Friends! ♥

October has gotten off to a cool and rainy start.  I've been wearing my cozy cardigan all week and we put extra blankets on the beds because it's getting chilly at night. I actually love a cold bedroom because then being under the blankets feels extra cozy. The three of us have also been nursing colds all week which hasn't been fun.  Today I made a big pot of chicken soup and we had soup and salad for dinner.  It was easy, delicious, and good for our souls. Natures medicine for a cold, right? 

 I made a mental note to add soup and salad night into our weekly meal rotation.  I would like to try a new soup every week, so if you have any recommendations please let me know and I'll share the recipes on here! 

This week's recipe comes from The Food Nanny.  I just started following her on Instagram.  She's absolutely delightful and makes me want to have my own farm and be a cowgirl!  Her blog is lovely and I want to try every recipe!  



This recipe uses bullion cubes which gives the soup a nice, rich flavor.  The only ingredient I omitted were frozen peas (only because I forgot to buy them : ) 

**Click here for the recipe** 




There is something blissful about a pot of soup bubbling on the stove, especially when you have a cold.  

I'm very happy it's soup season ♥  

I'm off to bed now, to snuggle under my extra blankets and watch an episode or two of Reba (my new phase!) and then drift off to sleep.  

Happy mid-week friends!  How are you staying cozy this week? 


1 comment: