Monday, November 29, 2021

The Christmas Season Has Begun ♥


 

Good Moring Friends! 

I hope you all had a wonderful weekend and a happy Thanksgiving!  Our day was lovely and delicious.  We celebrated at my brother-in-laws.  There were laughs, games, FOOD, and a nice walk after dinner to digest and look at Christmas lights. It was a holiday I will surely keep in my memory forever.  



Turkey dinner remains my favorite meal of the year and this year did not disappoint!  

YUM!!!! 




As per usual I ate too much but it was worth it.  I spent Friday napping and nibbling on leftover pie (because it was there...:) in between video game rounds with John.  We watched National Lampoons Christmas Vacation and now it officially feels like the Holiday Season.




This weekend I decorated, did some online shopping, and watched 2 seasons of Holiday Baking Championship on the Food Network.  (I'm obsessed!)  I wanted to feel like I was somewhat productive before getting back to work on Monday.  

This morning I'm set up with my little computer in the kitchen working away on real life stuff, but I have a pot of goodness simmering behind me and it smells like Williams Sonoma in here...which is exactly what I was going for  




This year I've decided to keep my decorating minimal and simple.  

It will be more about the smells and the feels. 




 Books, candles, and vintage inspired decorations are my favorite. 



Christmas time and December in general can be a very busy, stressful time.  

My objective this year is to embrace the quiet and the cozy.



It won't be difficult 

So as your calendar starts to fill up and you feel yourself stressing, remember that  self care is the most important gift you can give this season. 

Wishing you all a festive week! 

1 comment:

  1. I love your more simple and cozy ideas. This seems to be the general feel this year. Your home is beautiful as always. Hope you are all well!

    ReplyDelete