Monday, February 7, 2022

A Productive Weekend (with blueberry sweet rolls ) ♥

Good Morning Friends!  It's Monday already.

Hello from freezing Massachusetts! 

My creamy coffee and valentine hearts are making me smile on this cold and dreary start of the week.  I specifically wore pink lipstick today (even though I'm in sweats) just because it's February and I need a little cheer this morning : ) 

I'll be at my computer most of the day working. Meanwhile, I just put a load of laundry in the wash and a pot roast in the crock pot. 

 Multitasking is the greatest benefit of working from home.

Especially on a Monday 



 

So how was your weekend?  

We had a big ice storm on Friday that left everything covered in frozen snow and blocks of ice.  It's too cold for anything to melt, so here we are....in a deep freeze.  We carefully ventured out on Saturday to the library and to run errands. The side streets were a bit slippery, but thankfully the main roads were ok.  We took it slow.  

Saturday night we had movie night.  We watched The Shawshank Redemption.  What an amazing movie!  I'd never seen it.  Where have I been since 1994??



Sunday is my puttering day (and my favorite day!).   

I repotted this lovely plant and gave her a valentine makeover : ) 



I had purchased a hyacinth plant at the grocery store and am excited for it to bloom.  

I almost bought one that already had flowers on it (like I usually do) but this time I decided waiting might be more fun. 

I'll be checking her everyday for signs of Spring! 

I made a little corner by the window and arranged my plants by it. 




I also got a little crafty which was fun!  

I wrote out some Valentines and decorated the envelopes.

Taking time to do these little projects is good for the soul 



  Last week I mentioned cleaning out my closet.  Well I did it! 

I didn't exactly hit my goal of a 10 piece capsule wardrobe but I did manage to fill one trash bag and four donation bags that I'll drop off this weekend.  Not bad for round one. 

That's progress! 




Remember the blueberry sweet rolls I mentioned also?  Well I made those too! 

And I'm so glad I did.  

I just had one for breakfast 



This is another Joanna Gains recipe for her Magnolia cookbook (volume 2).  

Everything I've tried out of this cookbook has been divine. 




They were so fun to make too! 







If you want to try these yummy rolls can find the recipe linked here  

They take a bit of time because the dough has to rise, but they are definitely worth it.  

Oh my goodness YES!  

Yum Yum Yum 


I'd say that was a pretty productive weekend.  I also made my first loaf of sourdough bread (finally!) which I'll tell you more about on Wednesday.  It's been a labor of love.....: ) 

And for today... I'll let the crock pot do all the work.

Thank you so much for stopping by! 

I hope you have a happy Monday and a great start to you week! 

xoxo 



2 comments:

  1. Your blueberry sweet rolls look divine. Yum.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those sweet rolls... I just gained a pound looking.
    I honestly need a full closet overhaul. I cant even get to half the things in my closet. I'm sure I'll find things that I totally forgot I had.

    ReplyDelete