Monday, February 28, 2022

White Bean Tuscan Soup ♥

 Hello Friends

The weight of the world is weighing heavily on me today, as I'm sure it is on you too.  The media is devastating and everywhere I turn there seems to be bad news. (It's no wonder I've developed a terrible case of stress hives.) My everyday worries seem small in comparison to what's going on in the Ukraine.  My thoughts and prayers and with all the precious souls fighting for their country and fighting for their lives. It's horrific. On a personal level, this past weekend I lost a beloved member of my extended family.  Someone who will be dearly missed.  My heart hurts today just thinking about it.  

In times like these I always try to remember my blessings... my family, my friends, my home....I have food, clothes, a job... Nothing is to be taken for granted.  And then I go back to the little things.  Those little tiny "rays of sunshine" in my day that make it better. Even just for a minute.  Hot coffee.  Cherry Chapstick (which is heavenly if you have chapped lips in the dead of winter). Fuzzy slippers.  Twinkle lights in my kitchen.  A vanilla candle.  A Brady Bunch podcast (here) that is bringing me joy and is an excellent distraction for me today.  Hey, when you know you know! All these little things add up to a big thing, which is contentment.  I'm really trying.  

Tonight I felt like we needed a cup of comfort, so what did I do? Made soup of course.  It won't solve the worlds problems (unfortunately) but it will make you feel good and keep you warm.  

It's good for you too.  

Here's the link for White Bean Tuscan Soup (here) if you want to give it a try.  It came together in about 30 minutes and I had all the ingredients on hand. Top with parmesan cheese and have crusty bread on the side.  

I'm looking forward to leftovers for lunch tomorrow  



Have a cozy evening! Xoxo

1 comment:

  1. It's so hard to not fall into the darkness these days! The thing that is keeping me afloat is watching people come together all over the world to support Ukraine.

    ReplyDelete