Friday, August 19, 2022

John is 15!! ♥

Hello Friends! Happy Friday! 

 John celebrated a birthday this week.  He's 15!! I can hardly believe it.  When I started this blog he was in preschool.  I don't know where the years have gone.  I do know that my little boy is growing up to be a wonderful, polite, funny, smart, kind young man.  I couldn't be prouder of him and I'm grateful everyday to have him in our lives  

John is not one for attention.  He prefers to "slip under the radar" as he likes to say.  He wanted to keep his birthday low key, which was fine with us.  We had a family dinner a few weeks ago when my sister was here, so this week it was just us.  We started the day with cinnamon rolls (as you do!) and then John and I went shopping and to a movie.  I do not take for granted that my 15 year old son wanted to go to movies with me on his birthday : )  We saw Bullet Train (his choice) which ended up being a pleasant surprise.  I even ate a movie theater hot dog and didn't die! So that was good!! 
That night it was burgers, cake, and presents.  John said the best part of his day was getting texts and messages from friends and family. 







 






I love a day movie.  No crowds!  




No gonna lie, it was actually very good!! 



 

Two days later he met up with some friends and went out for pizza. He's known these boys since preschool & kindergarten.  They all go to different high schools now but are as close as ever.  They call  themselves the "core group" because friends have come and gone, but these six have stayed the same.  

They are all great kids!  













Another fun birthday in the books! 




Meanwhile... 





As for me I've been enjoying slightly cooler temps this week and started burning my fall candles.  The scent has been heavenly as we are slowing inching toward fall.

Well I'm off to finish packing because tomorrow morning we leave on a road trip! We are heading back to PA to visit our dearest friends who have invited us back for another week at their beautiful lake home.  I'm beyond excited to be sipping coffee with my friend and her family once again! 

Have a wonderful weekend my friends! xoxo 


1 comment:

  1. Sipping coffee with you today!!!! Yay! Happy Birthday to John!!! And I can testify to the fact that he is indeed a wonderful, respectful, fun young man!!!

    ReplyDelete