Monday, November 28, 2022

Happy Thanksgiving and a festive weekend! ♥

Good Morning lovely friends! 

 I hope you all enjoyed a wonderful Thanksgiving weekend.  I for one, am still full!  We spent a fun day at my brother in laws on Thursday.  It was a beautiful sunny fall day here and everything I wanted Thanksgiving to be. We ate, drank, told stories, laughed, and ate some more. I can imagine all of you sitting around your family tables doing the same thing.  That is certainly something to be thankful for and brings me such joy to envision. 

One of the best parts of my day was taking a walk around the neighborhood between dinner and dessert to digest and literally make room for pie.  I always overdo it on holidays....but hey, who doesn't?  Why do I love dessert some much??? Help me. 

I did not brave any stores this weekend (not up for that chaos!) but I will admit to buying a few things online this morning : )  The holiday season is officially here, so why not get a deal or two!  I'm almost done with my shopping and that brings me a huge sense of relief!  I'm looking forward to enjoying December as peacefully as I can without worrying about standing in line at some crowded store at the mall.  Thank you to whomever invented Amazon.  It's a wonderful thing, isn't it? 



Our table ~ 




My plate.  I love turkey dinner! 


We spent the rest of the weekend putting up the tree, decorating the house, and eating leftover pumpkin pie.  As you can see from this photo I'm eating half slices, so there's that...: ) 




    
We also watched this movie.  It's a sequel to A Christmas Story.  Ralphie is all gown up!  I loved it.  It's was so cute and heartwarming. It's on HBO Max.  





There is something magical about waking up to a Christmas tree in the house.  




And all our little treasures that come out for only a few precious weeks a year.  




And so it begins.  Thursday is December 1st.  The countdown is on. 





I hope you all had a great weekend and are getting off off to a good start this week.  I'm sitting here quietly in my office, surrounded by Christmas lights and drinking a peppermint mocha.  I can't escape it, so why not embrace it.  This week I have several appointments and things that need to be done, but I'm adamant about starting my days slow and steady and keeping calm.  I will also have my 4:00 afternoon cup of tea everyday no matter what. Time to put on some nice music and get to work.  Love you all! 

Stay cozy!!! xoox 

5 comments:

  1. beautiful decorating! Happy Thanksgiving!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello! Lovely Thanksgiving Day! And your tree is perfect!!!! Miss you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. It sounds like you had a wonderful Thanksgiving celebrating with family! Your tree is so pretty. Would you believe I just started my Christmas shopping on Saturday - online that is. I do most all of my shopping online as it's just so much easier. Hope you have a great week! It's hard to believe December is almost here!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Looks like a wonderful weekend....and I love that mug!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Happy to hear you had a lovely Thanksgiving! Your tree is so pretty. Have a cozy kind of day Danielle.

    ReplyDelete