Thursday, December 8, 2022

I Hate Wrapping But Love All the Pretty Things!

Hello cozy Friends! 

How are you?  Can you believe we are only 17 days away from Christmas?! 
Wow! 

Are you ready?  I'm getting there.  This weekend I'm going to wrap gifts and then I'll be in great shape!  Have I mentioned how much I hate wrapping?  Well, it's my most hated chore.  It's because I stink at it. I always leave it to the bitter end, but once I'm done I breathe a GREAT sigh of relief : ) 

My plan is to watch It's a Wonderful Life, make hot chocolate, and get it done.  Rob will give me an occasional "thumbs up" or "good work" from his place on the couch as he watches me.  I can't complain though.  He'll say he leaves it to me because I do a better job than him.  This is true. And from what I just told you, that's not saying much! LOL 




Don't you just love all the pretty things this time of year?  Candles, books, plants, sparkly lights, and sentimental ornaments.  Even candy canes are pretty!   

Here is a quick tour of some pretty things in my house. 




My tree reflecting in the mirror is pretty! 




I dried oranges this week for a garland 



 



...and did a simmering pot with the leftover orange slices, lemons, rosemary, cranberries, and cinnamon sticks.  My house smelled like Williams Sonoma : ) 



~love~



I'm trying to be more minimal these days with my decorations. 

I actually like it a lot better the less I have.  It makes what I do put out more meaningful.  




Plants always. 

 I keep trying not to kill them.
 (fingers crossed with this Christmas cactus!)





My favorite holiday hand lotion.  It smells like a winter forest. 

I have it on my desk and use it all day while I'm working.  I love the packaging too.




 Pretty ornaments that catch my eye make me smile.  

This is an oldie (but goodie!). 




A new lip gloss to make my lips feel pretty.  Once again the packaging got me! 



And this.  

The one new piece of décor I treated myself to this year.  Because I am Mrs. Clause! 

I only wish I had elves to help me wrap! 

Happy December Days my friends! I hope all is well and you are enjoying your pretty things! 

(If you are done with your wrapping, I'm jealous!)  

Stay cozy!! xoxo 

3 comments:

  1. No, I’m not finished with my wrapping. I’m not even finished with my shopping!! Really need to get busy with that! You have some lovely decorations! I love the picture of the tree’s reflection in the mirror. Happy wrapping!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't mind wrapping at all, especially now that there are gift bags and tags!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Everything looks very festive. I've downsized decorations quite a bit over the years and am happy I did.

    ReplyDelete