Friday, December 2, 2022

December is here! ♥





Hello Friends! Happy December! 

It's such a nice feeling waking up to a Christmas tree in the house.  The first thing I do in the morning is switch it on so it glows and lights up the room.  I think my favorite time of day in December is early morning with the tree, when it's still quiet and the sun hasn't risen yet.  It's nice to spend some peaceful moments watching it sparkle.  December days can be so busy and hectic.  My to do list is overwhelming sometimes so it's important for me to ease into the day.  Everything will get done eventually.  For now it's just me and the tree.  Even though all the decorations are up and we've been watching Home Alone and Elf on repeat, I'm still amazed it's already December.  As a child time stood still this time of year.  It took FORVER for Christmas to come. As an adult, time slips away so quickly.  I feel like in a blink it will be New Years.   

I'm excited it's finally December so I can start my Advent calendar!! We got two this year and I've had them tucked away for weeks, just dying to crack into them.  John has a chocolate one and I got myself (Merry Christmas to me!) this cute English Tea Shop one.  I'm obsessed with their teas lately and this calendar has some flavors I haven't tried yet.  

 


I got it off Amazon (here).  

It's so darling! 


 

Yesterday's selection was a cozy winter chai.  So good! I've already peeked (of course I did) and today's tea will be "festive spice" which by the smell I think will be a cinnamon based tea. It's lovely to have a treat to look forward to everyday.  It's the little things, right?! 


            

John said his chocolate yesterday was just "ok" so I'm hoping today's will be a little tastier for him.  Speaking of tasty, I wanted to share with you a quick meal I made this week, which by the way is my lunch today.  Chicken broccoli and ziti. It's such an easy pasta dish!  I top it with toasted breadcrumbs like my mother always does and had a salad on the side.  I made a homemade vinaigrette for the first time and that went over very will too : ) 



Tomorrow there is a Christmas Bizarre at John's school that we are going to.  I love seeing all the homemade items.  Years ago my mother did craft shows at Christmas time.  She would spend months painting and sewing various things to be sold.  She loved it, but I know how much work went into it.  It was a labor of love, that's for sure.  Last year I picked up a few painted ornaments and some fudge.  If luck is on my side, the fudge lady will be back this year.  Fingers crossed! 

Have a wonderful and festive weekend, friends!  

Stay cozy! xoox 

8 comments:

  1. I was just talking to a friend about the time thing. I remember it seemed to take an eternity for you to get from one summer break to the next or from one Christmas to the next. Now...it just all comes back around too quickly.
    Have a wonderful weekend!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. We usually have our tree up by now & I miss that glow first thing in the morning & through the dark evening!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a beautiful tree! I love advent calendars, too! 😊

    ReplyDelete
  4. Christmas lights makes everything better. I like those advent calendars.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I just finished knitting my last two gifts and now I am ready to sit and enjoy the lull. I do have to do some wrapping but that's easy peasy! your house looks lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hello my dear Danielle! Sorry I've been late visiting. Your tree is just beautiful! And I think we're cut from the same cloth. I agree how Christmas time dragged to get here as a kiddo. And now as an adult it seems there's never enough time in a day. Also, I would adore that tea advent calendar. I got a gourmet marshmallow of the day this year. Lol I'm truly trying to make myself enjoy the season and moments in each day. Like you with your cup of tea. I hope you have a blessed rest of the week. xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  7. Lovely tree! Still working on ours here. I agree…time seems to crawl when we’re younger. These days it seems to fly! Enjoy the season!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'm late to this post. Was the fudge lady back???

    Your tree is pretty! And the tea advent calendar sounds so fun. I'm just getting into tea now that diabetes has limited my drink options. It's an acquired taste, for sure. lol

    ReplyDelete