Tuesday, March 21, 2023

Tea Time in Spring! ♥


Hello Friends! It's officially Spring! 

And as luck would have it, it's a beautiful day today.  Tuesdays are my one day a week I have to go into the office.  The other days I am still happily working remotely.  Today I dressed in jeans, a blue shirt with white flowers on it, my new burgundy colored cardigan and sneakers.  Comfy and springy.  I stopped for a coffee at Dunkin Donuts on my way into the office.  I got my go-to order...a hot French vanilla with cream & sugar. For half a second I thought about getting an iced coffee, but decided against it.  I didn't wear a jacket today (it's 57 degrees!) but I'm not quite ready for iced coffee yet : ) 

I had The Supremes on my CD player (yes, I still have one!) and my window cracked a bit to let the fresh air in. Motown always wakes me up, especially on work days.  On my drive in I was thinking about how the seasons affect my mood.  Spring has a definitive feeling, doesn't it?  For me it's all about excitement.  Excitement for things to come.  People wake up in Spring and come out of hibernation.  At least I do.  In the winter I want to hunker down and stay buried under a blanket. It takes me a while to let go of that, but it's finally happening. These days I am anxious to buy plants and watch them grow.  I want to go to Starbucks and get an over priced pink frothy drink and sip it through a straw while I window shop. I want to make a coconut cream pie and eat it for dessert while it's still light out! This weekend I'll decorate for Easter and all little bunnies will appear.  I'm not looking forward to spring cleaning but I'm sure I'll do some anyway.  And I'll be happy about it when it's over.  I have some shelves that I don't think I've touched since last April.  The dust is REAL, but that's for another post.  Today I'm only talking about happy things! 

Work was good and then I picked John up from school. Off came my cute outfit and back into my PJs am I!  I'm on the couch having a cup of tea and thinking about what's for dinner tonight. It's late afternoon and rays of  sunshine are still coming through the windows. I have a lemon candle burning on the coffee table and I'm in my zone once again : )  

Even though I'm a certified homebody I do like to get out of the house once in a while.  And once the weather starts to warm up I get an itch to go exploring. Recently I visited an English tea room with my friend Julie, for an afternoon tea.  It was a lovely experience and I thought today would be a perfect day to share some pictures with you.  Isn't it fun when you discover cool places right in your own backyard (or in my case, 30 minutes from home: ). 

I hope these photos of pretty china cups and dainty finger sandwiches get you in a springtime mood! 
They did for me.


You were delightful! 







 
































I loved it so much I'm going to take my mother here for a Mother's Day tea. 

 I was so happy to discover they are handicap accessible, which so many places aren't these days. 


Wishing you all a lovely day and a happy Spring season! Where can I visit next? 

xoxox




PS - I brought a leftover scone home and it was just as delicious the next day, eaten on my couch. 

Sheer bliss : ) 

5 comments:

  1. Great blog post! I’m taking awhile to “spring into spring!” We’ve had below-freezing temperatures here for the past several nights, and I’m not encouraged that the blueberry bushes will recover. They had begun to bloom, too early, but we had a warmer than usual February. I love that you went to tea! If I’m ever in that location again, I’ll be sure to investigate having tea there! Enjoy the lovelies of the season!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm slowly coming out of hibernation also and I'm looking forward to gardening and siting outside reading and a few day trips. What a nice place to have tea. Everything is so cute. Great idea to take your Mother for Mothers Day. Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I LOVE all the Springy vibes in this post. And my heart smiled at the tea room - I sure wish they had something like that around here. ;) Keep those Spring vibes coming Lady. 🌸 xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  4. Spring has Sprung! Your Tea Room looked heavenly along with the scones! The feelings for me that come with Spring is... renewal! Time to start fresh and new.
    Another lovely post my friend!

    ReplyDelete
  5. such a treat! I am a homebody too and I crave to be home. Visiting my dad at the hospital has made me realize how much down time I really need!

    ReplyDelete