Friday, September 18, 2026

Friday catch up! ♥...and a quick question

Hello Friends! Happy Friday! 

It's almost the end of a busy week and I for one, am so happy it's the weekend! 

But more importantly, look at this tree at end of my road.  Last night on my walk I spied color....yay! 

The leaves are starting to change 🍁




It's only little bits poking out here and there, but it's happening and that's all the matters :)




The late summer flowers are still blooming...



 
...and I think I might like my hydrangeas this way than in full bloom. The colors are muted and look so pretty.  

I just remembered I brought some of these inside last year to dry and kept them on my table for a bit.  

I must do that again this weekend. 




Such pretty sights all around 

I know it's not Halloween/crunchy leaves/spooky time yet, but seeing and feeling this shift has me very excited.  

And after another round of heat and humidity last week (it was really baaaad) the air is finally cool and we could actually now be in the clear.  

My windows are open and the past few nights have been good sleeping weather!  




Fall baking has started.  

I made pumpkin strudel muffins.  

They were yummy! Everyone got one in their lunch 




There is no stopping me now : ) 





Well now that I've caught you up around the house, what else is new? 
I mentioned a busy week and it was.  

Lots of appointments (for me and my Dad - all good though - no worries) work projects, house chores, being John's personal secretary (aka mom duties) and plain old ordinary adulting has me exhausted.  I live for the weekends when Rob and I can just kick back and relax. 

He's off tomorrow and we have a special day planned.  We're going into the city for day.  I haven't done a Boston day in a while so I'm looking forward to it.  Its fun being a tourist in your own neighborhood, isn't it?! It's going to be 72 degrees and sunny tomorrow.  Perfect! 

I can't wait to get a coffee and pastry and stroll the North End. It's so fun 

Oh, I wanted to tell you about John.  He's doing great!  He started school the beginning of September.  It's only been a few weeks now, but so far he's loving it.  He's in the music ed program and loving the classes and professors. I'm so proud of how far he's come, and most importantly, how he's following his passion.  He has his first jazz concert in December, and we are really looking forward to that.  

Here's a few pictures from the summer that I forgot to post.  He had a great time playing with his band at the beach on July 3rd. It's their second year doing it. 

This is a really talented group of kids.  They've started writing their own songs that they hope to record soon :) 



 











So that's the John update! 

Otherwise, it's ordinary day around here.  Pumpkin spice and everything nice.  I'm reading like crazy and at night either watching TV shows or doing cross stitch.  I'm still working on the same one I started a hundred years ago but it's ok.  I'm enjoying the process.  I'll share the finished product - if that day ever comes : ) 


One question I've been meaning to ask you all - specifically my over 50 friends... where are you all buying clothes these days?  I've been going through my closet and am in desperate need of an update this fall and winter.  Nothing fits comfortably anymore.  I've reached that point in life when things are *changing* and I'm thicker in the middle than I used to be.  Things I used to love to wear just aren't working for me anymore.  I don't know where to go to buy clothes.  I like casual and comfortable - but not sweats...well, not all the time.  If anyone has any suggestions PLEEEEASE send them my way.  Stores, brands, links, anything. I'm desperate 😧 




I hope you all have a great weekend.  It's going to rain Sunday, so I plan to have a cozy day reading and catching up on blogs.  I look forward to seeing what you all have been up to :)

The "ber" months are here! 

From here on I plan to be as cozy as possible! 

(and if I can't find anything comfortable to wear I'll be in my pj's indefinitely! :) 

I'm not even kidding.




Thanks for visiting me today! 

Byeeeee! xx 

No comments:

Post a Comment