Monday, March 8, 2021

Lasagna ♥



Good morning friends and happy Monday!  

I hope you all had a nice weekend! 

To start the week off  I wanted to share with you an easy weeknight meal.  Lasagna!  I've been making this recipe for a while now and in our house we all love it.  What makes it so quick are the oven ready noodles.  You don't have to precook them.  Just layer them up and you are in business. 

~These are the ones I use~ 


Also, here's another tip.  You can substitute cottage cheese for the ricotta.  I know,  I was skeptical at first too, but honestly once it's baked you can't tell the difference!  It's a lighter way to enjoy lasagna and it still tastes just as yummy.  I don't skimp on the mozzarella though...just sayin! 




I use this recipe, right off the back of the box : ) 

John isn't a fan of of meat sauce so I usually skip that and use plain sauce.

It's great for Friday's during lent or when we want to do a meatless meal.



Yup...I used fat free! 








And there you go!  I served with garlic bread and a side salad.  YUM! 

So now you know what I'll be having for dinner tonight because there are plenty of leftovers and that's ok with me.  It means I don't have to cook tonight and I appreciate that on a Monday! 

Before I go I wanted to show you this lovely sight I caught out of the corner of my eye this morning...



Green shoots of life spouting up from the Earth! It means spring is coming and everything is coming back to life once again.  Yay!  I'm so ready.

Have a wonderful Monday friends!  Let's make it a good week 

xoxo

PS did you watch the Harry & Meghan Oprah special last night? Oh Dear... I'm still trying to process it!!!  😮

1 comment: