Monday, January 24, 2022

Current Favorite Beauty Products: Winter Edition ♥

Good Moring Friends! Happy Monday 

It's been a while since I've done a beauty post so this morning I thought I would share with you some of the things I've been loving lately.  This winter I've introduced a few new products to my beauty routine and I'm really happy with the results.  So in an effort to distract myself from the fact that it's Monday and that it's freeeezing cold outside, let's talk about beauty.

First off, I must admit to you that I am a total sucker for good packaging and just looking at this photo makes me happy : )  



I have been in the market for a new cleanser for a while and I hit the jackpot with Olay Luminous! I have always had great luck with Olay products.  There is something very special to me about using  tried and true products that our mothers and grandmothers used.  And let's face it, they had great skin! I've been using this at night to wash off my makeup.  It has little beads in it that act as a gentle exfoliator which is really nice and leaves my skin feeling CLEAN and soft.  The branding says it's a "brightening" cleanser and I have to agree.  I'm noticing a difference after only a few weeks and as an added bonus it smells amazing. 

Something everyone should use daily is sunscreen.  And not just in the summer! I used to never put sunscreen on my face. My excuse was that my makeup has SFP in it.  I was afraid of it being heavy and greasy.  I was very wrong.  I'm in total love with Supergood Glow Screen!!  It acts as a tinted moisturizer and has a slight glow in it.  I use it as my last (moisturizing) step before I put my foundation on.  It's so light I don't even feel it, but it gives me a nice healthy glow from underneath and better than that, I'm protected from the sun. 




Speaking of "healthy glow" here's another product that's working for me.  Bobbi Brown's highlighting powder is heavenly!  This one is definitely a splurge price wise, but I had a Sephora gift card that I got for Christmas to use so I went for it.  I've been stalking it online for a while and I just had to try it.  I'm a sucker for a good highlighter!  This one is blowing me away. It has soft pink tones which I think are flattering to my coloring.  

L'Oreal Lash Paradise is my new favorite mascara! Trust me, I've tried them all.  Two coats gives me the thick, full lashes that I'm going for!  I have always loved the Original L'Oreal Voluminous Mascara.  This formula is even better and I love the pink tube too! See....the packaging got to me! UGH.  Luckily it was worth it! 



I was gifted Red Aspen Nail Dashes by my Instagram friend Kimmi back in the fall.  I didn't know what to think of these at first.  After one application I was hooked! They are the most realistic faux nails I've ever used.  They are so easy to apply and I can take them off easily (without damage to my real nails) any time I want.  They are only about $12 a set and come in so many pretty colors.  I feel very "put together" when I have these one! 

And lastly I have to share with you this hand lotion that I received as a Christmas gift from my friend Julie.  Bath & Body Works HOPE - Winter Peach Marshmallow! OMG its heavenly.  I have it on my nightstand and apply it on my hands, arms, elbows, and sometimes my feet, right before bed.  I love, love, love it! 



Have you ever tried any of these products? If so, please let me know.  Also, if you have any recommendations for beauty items that you just can't live without, I would love to hear about them! 

I'm off to get a fresh coffee and get to work now, but this was a lovely way for me to start the week.  Wishing you all a beautiful day! xoxo 

No comments:

Post a Comment