Friday, January 7, 2022

Snow Day! ♥

Good Morning and Happy Friday! 

I woke up this morning to a fresh blanket of snow.  Our first significant snow of the season.  I poured my coffee and swiftly stepped out on the back porch to get a look. The snow covered trees and frozen river look like a winter wonderland.  I'm so glad it's Friday and we are all home to enjoy it. It's still coming down and will so until early afternoon.



 
Its a French toast, cozy socks, #hygee kind of morning.  
My favorite kind 




January is off to a good start for me. I got my booster shot yesterday, checked two doctors appointments off my calendar, made two new recipes (that I will share here soon!) and made a conscious effort to get outdoors and walk.  I did it twice this week which is good for me! Even though it's cold, the winter air is  wonderful and fills my lungs with joy.  I've been feeling the stresses of life catching up with me recently and I've learned what works for me to quiet them.  One is walking! 









 
One of the benifits to living near the ocean is always having a scenic place to walk.  This is helpful in getting me out the door and once I'm there I don't want to leave.




And once I'm home I reward myself : )



Amen to this! 

Another goal I have for the future is utilizing all the cookbooks I have! I have so many beautiful books and rarely make recipes out of them.  I decided to start making some of these lovely recipes.  It's makes me feel so good to cook delicious healthy food for my family. I'm on a food journey this year.  I'll share everything I make with you! 

 








One thing I am really bad at is eating LUNCH.  

I never want to stop and take the time.  Leftovers have changed all that. Knowing I have something hearty in the fridge makes me excited for lunchtime.  I've been making extra portions so I'll have enough to last the week. Especially soup 

Hot lunches are way underrated!



I am loving this book right now : ) 





And now we're back to today.  It's still snowing!  

I've already gotten requests for hot chocolate later and I'm going to try to convince my family to watch Harry Potter.  It seems appropriate for a snowy magical weekend.  Don't you agree? 


Have a wondering weekend, friends!  

I hope you are all warm, cozy, safe, and healthy!  

xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment