Tuesday, September 13, 2022

Chocolate chip biscotti on a rainy day ♥

Hello Friends! 

It's raining cats and dogs today. It's been one of those days.  Half way to work, fighting traffic in the pouring rain, I realized I forgot my laptop and had to turn around and go all the way home to get it. Ugh.  By the time I got to work I felt like it was time to go back out in the rain and do the commute all over again.  Such is life.  Some days are good and some are, well....not great.  I'm happy to be home now.  Happy to only have to do that once a week. Now I'm dry, cozy, and enjoying a hot cup of tea and 2 chocolate chip biscotti that I made on Sunday.  Meal prepping and baking on the weekends has it's benefits.  

There's always something sweet when you need it 

(Praise the Lord!)

I haven't made biscotti in a long time and I don't know why.  They are one of my favorite cookies and very easy to make.  In case you didn't know, I'm a dunker. That meaning I'm happiest when I can dunk cookies in my tea or coffee. It's one of those crazy things that brings me joy.  

The recipe I use is for plain vanilla biscotti.  I don't use almonds which is the traditional Italian method because John is allergic to nuts.  Instead I use the American recipe, which in my opinion is just as tasty.  You can make them plain or mix in dried fruit, nuts, or dip them in chocolate.  You could even add extracts like lemon, orange, or almond to boost the flavor. This time I mixed 1/2 cup chocolate chips to the batter.  They came out so yummy! Like a big crunchy chocolate chip cookie!  The chocolate melts a bit when you dunk them which make them extra delightful.

The batter is shaped into two rectangular shaped flat loaves. After they are baked you remove them from the oven, slice them into 1/2 inch thick slices, and bake again on a lower heat.  This process gives them that biscotti crunch.  These cookies are a comfort food. Maybe because they are best served with a hot beverage (although milk would do just as well : ) for obvious reasons that I already mentioned.  



I'm linking the recipe HERE in case you want to make them.  I guarantee you already have all ingredients in your pantry! 








Holiday time is coming and I'd like to start trying new cookie recipes.  Do you have any that you absolutely love and would like to share? Let me know and I will send you my email address so we can correspond. I will make your cookie recipe and post it here! As much as I love websites and cookbooks I find the best recipes usually come from family and friends.  And that's us!  

Have a wonderful day my friends! I'm off to have one more cookie and watch an episode of The Waltons before dinner. I'm in a heavy Walton phase right now and I love it so much! : )  

Stay cozy!! xo 


3 comments:

  1. I haven’t made biscotti in a long time. This looks delicious. I’ll make some for a tea party with the grandkids.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Too bad on having to turn around and drive all the way back. That always frustrates me. The biscotti's look delish!
    It's cooling off here a bit and beginning to look more like Fall and I couldn't be happier.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hello my Friend! I so appreciated your visit and love finding your blog now. I can already tell you're a kindred spirit because your blog is so cozy, you're pals with another fave blogger (Billie Jo), and you're a fellow dunker! I LIVE to dunk in my coffee. Lol I have salted caramel biscotti's lying around right now...not homemade though, unfortunately. I've always wanted to make biscotti but never tried. I remember seeing a Valerie Bertinelli recipe for an orange, black pepper & walnut one that intrigued me. And I've been on a Dr. Quinn Medicine Woman kick lately...good and wholesome, kind of like the Waltons. 😉 I hope you have a blessed weekend ahead Danielle. xo

    ReplyDelete