Thursday, September 8, 2022

It's September! Cozy time! ♥

Hello Friends! It's September! 

It's finally the beginning of the "ber" months and I'm so happy.  It's still warm out but I can feel the shift in the air.  The mornings are dark and cool and the air feels clean.  I love that.  I am living for the late afternoon light.  I start lighting candles around 4pm.  Its very cozy :)




It's been a busy week.  John started school on Tuesday.  10th grade.  I can hardly believe it. The summer went by too fast. There is always a level of anxiousness leading up to the first day of school.  I'm happy to say it went well.  So far so good!

And so it begins.  Our routine. Up at six and out the door at seven.  In between I make lunch, coffee and a bagel to go, pack his backpack, all while he showers and gets ready for the day.  Sometimes when I feel myself complaining about how early it is or how tired I am I remember how quickly time passes and there will come a time when I don't do these things anymore. Instead I sip my coffee and proceed.....



 ...because I'm thankful for these days.  

These crazy, ordinary, days 



I like it when our lamps glow in the darkness of the mornings.  Especially on rainy days. 
The darkness will last longer in winter.  This is just the beginning. 

 It feels like a cozy start to the day, doesn't it ?  

I started bringing out some of my fall decorations.  

The colors of red, orange, and yellow are glowing through my house.  




 
I try to create vibes everywhere.  Even if it's only me who notices.  I switch this little hall light on every morning and off every night.  It's the last thing I do before going to bed.  For some reason, it makes me really happy.  

It's the little things 




And then there's this.  This book that's kept me cozy for the last week.  

Oh.My.Goodness. 

If you like thrillers you MUST read it this season. 

 I could not put it down! 






Today I had to run a few errands before picking John up at school, so I treated myself to an overpriced iced pumpkin spice latte with pumpkin whip cream. 

 It was worth it! 




And now here I am.  Back home, done working for the day, and curled up on the couch with my new fall blanket watching tributes of Queen Elizabeth II because she passed away today.  

God bless her. It's the end of an era 

Well, I hope your September is off to a cozy start.  I have to go food shopping tomorrow and plan on loading up on seasonal pumpkin items and comforts foods.  Tis the season! 

Have a great day friends! Tomorrow is Friday! 

YAY!!!! xoxox  

3 comments:

  1. Swoon! This is the coziest post EVER! I hope you all are well!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'll look for that book. I love your lovely home with the extra lights and candles for Fall. Enjoy your day!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love it. It makes me feel good. Fall is coming and heat is gone!

    ReplyDelete