Friday, September 16, 2022

Happy Friday! ♥


Hello Friends! Happy Friday!  

 I just finished up working for the day and made myself a cup to tea to sip while I visit blogland.  I've seen this tag on a couple of blogs this week and I thought I would join in.  I love reading your answers, so here's mine.... 


 1. Are you happy with the way your life is going?

This is a very strange question and one that is not as easy to answer as you would think.  Of course my instinct is to say yes! I have a family that loves me, wonderful friends, a job, a safe, warm place to live, food in my belly, my faith, and what I feel is a kind heart.  Things are good. I take nothing for granted.  However, I don't know one single person who would say their life is perfect or exactly how they planned it.  I have anxieties that I wish I could get a better handle on.  I wish I could stop worrying about the future and being pulled in so many directions.  I have regrets about things I wish I had done or not done.  I wish certain things and people didn't bother me so much. I worry about the state of our world and what life will be like for John in 20 years.  This is what keeps me up at night. I guess that's all normal.  So to answer the question I would say yes I'm happy with the way my life is going, but I would also add that nothing is perfect and there is always room for improvement. 


2. Are you planning any trips in the future?

Yes! We are heading up to New Hampshire in a few weeks for a weekend getaway.  We love to visit the mountains in the FALL to see the beautiful foliage.  We have some regular places like we to visit like Zeb's General Store in North Conway Center and I'm hoping to do a little outlet shopping too! Its such a nice feel up there in autumn.  The coffee house we like to go to serves a caramel nut latte that is to die for.  Perfect for strolling and leaf peeping : ) 


3. Are you reading anything at the moment or do you plan on reading something interesting? 

The last two books I've read became two of my all time favorites. My Lovely Wife and For Your Own Good.  Both by Samantha Downing.  I'm currently reading Rock Paper Scissors by Alice Feeney.  I really like it so far.  I love to read thrillers!  I just got into the genre this past year and read all of Ruth Ware's books, which some scared the wits out of me and I couldn't get enough of it! (surprising for someone that loves Hallmark movies so much..: )  I'm looking forward to more spooky reads this season, so if you have any recommendations please let me know! 


4. What's for supper tonight at your house? 

Tonight we are having steak & rice with a salad on the side.  An easy meal for a Friday night. I've been marinating the steak in Ken's Italian dressing for the last couple of hours, which as always a big hit around here.  For dessert we'll finish off the biscotti cookies (there are 3 left!). 


I'm looking forward to a cozy, relaxing weekend with not too much to do. I really hate to be busy! On Saturday I have to run a few errands with John (he needs a new coat!).  I'm planning chicken parm and pasta for dinner.  Sunday is cleaning/chore day and I'd like to make a crock pot dinner (still deciding what). I'm excited to change over my bedding and maybe make some pumpkin bread too.   

That's life in the fast lane for ya....the excitement never ends around here! Haha!

Have a great weekend, friends!  

Stay cozy! xoox 

3 comments:

  1. It sounds like you have a lovely weekend planned. I like my weekends free as well. We're in for a few quite warm days but hopefully Fall will be in full swing soon here.
    Enjoy your weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I will look for Ruth Ware’s books at the local library! Thanks for the suggestion!

    ReplyDelete
  3. New Hampshire will be beautiful. I am currently reading The Silent Wife by Karin Slaughter. I've had Rock Paper Scissors on my TBR.. good to hear you are liking it.

    ReplyDelete