Monday, November 7, 2022

Catching up on a Monday ♥

Hello Friends.  Good Monday Morning! 

I'm having an extra cup of coffee this morning as I type this because I've been up since 4:20 am.  Thank you daylight savings.  It always takes me a few weeks to get used to the time change.  Funny how we gain and extra hour of sleep but I'm still tired?!  

We are coming off a very lovely weekend.  I took this photo out the window of our public library on Saturday afternoon.  This is what November looks like right now.  Gray skies, muted oranges and browns, and Saturday library runs.  I love it.  The beginning of November is always nice and quiet. It's the calm before the holiday storm.  




So since I was here last, Halloween has come and gone.  
It's only been a week but feels like a month! : ) 

We had a fun holiday, although Halloween is a lot different now that John is older.  For the first time ever he didn't trick or treat or  dress up. He did have a fun night though, hanging out at a friends house, eating candy, and telling funny stories!  

He's spent every Halloween since kindergarten with these guys! 




He's a picture from a Halloween dance they tried to recreate.  His friend Jonathan (far right) still has the same Mario costume!!  


I started my day with coffee and a pumpkin donut.  Of course I did. 
Just me and my plants 




After school, before heading out for the evening we carved our pumpkin.  I do the dirty work and scrape out the inside and he carves the face.  




This years design was questionable. 




So while John as having fun at his party I had tea with my friend Julie.  It was lovely.  She always brings out her pretty china cups when I come for tea.  We had cake too.  




And so another Halloween in the books!  On to the next holiday 

After our library run on Saturday morning we made a coffee stop and did some shopping.  I laughed as I entered Kohls to see a gigantic Christmas display over a table selling Halloween décor at 70% off!  The store was bustling with shoppers too.  Apparently there's a "BEFORE" Black Friday sale going on.  Is this a thing now?  It keeps getting earlier and earlier! We could feel the Christmas/holiday energy in the store which would have been nice if it wasn't 75 degrees and humid out!  It's been unseasonably warm here the last few days and it's killing my spirit. Hopefully it won't last too much longer.  

On Sunday John had a band concert.  The first one this year.  




This boy loves his music and I'm so proud of him. 
 He's been taking drum lessons since the third grade and has been in the school band playing drums since fifth grade. 

During Covid he taught himself guitar and piano (from YouTube tutorials and the garage band app on his phone).  Lately he's been saying he wants to learn the trumpet.  He's definitely got an ear from music.  Not sure where it came from?? 










The show was amazing.  All the kids were spectacular!  John doesn't play sports. Music has always been his passion.   I'm thankful our school system has a great music program 

Here's John with his cousin Anthony who is also in the band.  He plays saxophone!  




And now you're all caught up!  

I'll be working the rest of the day and trying to stay awake.  I'm excited because I have a big Amazon order to place today as well, for Christmas gifts and this year I'm treating myself to a TEA advent calendar.  I've always wanted one and I saw the perfect one on Amazon the other day.  I have to remember to order it so it will be here by Dec 1st.  Do you do an advent calendar for yourself?  I am very excited. 

Have a wonderful Monday, friends! 

Stay cozy! I'm off to get another cup of coffee....zzzzzzzz


3 comments:

  1. That's incredible. So talented. And I love that throwback picture of him and his friends.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I adore your holiday traditions and celebrations!!!! Love the Jack-o'lantern! Something tells me John had a big say in it!!! So happy he loves his music so. Miss you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Aw its bittersweet when they stop trick or treating, fun to look back at pictures of when they were small though
    Jillxo

    ReplyDelete