Monday, November 14, 2022

Lemon Scones ♥

Good Morning lovely Friends and happy Monday! 

I hope you all had a nice weekend.  
Mine was very nice and as always, went by too fast.  Saturday John and I went out and did some errands.  We make a coffee stop, checked some items of our Christmas list, and went to the library.  That seems to be our Saturday routine as of late.  I love that he still loves to spend time with me so I'll take it for as long as I can get it.  We drive, drink coffee, & listen to music. The car is where all our deep talks happen too, so you never know where the conversation will go : )  
After lunch he had CCD and mass. This spring he'll make his confirmation.  I feel like only yesterday he was receiving first communion.  Where does the time go? 

After mass he and a few friends were invited to another friends house for pizza. Perfect.  Rob and I had a nice dinner and then I started watching The Crown.  That continued on into Sunday.  I did some cleaning, some baking, and then on with the show!  It's so good.  

It's been a while, but I have a recipe to share with you today!  It must have been all the "afternoon teas" on The Crown seeping into my self conscious, because I was craving scones.  I scanned my pantry for ingredients and luckily I had everything I needed.  I saw two beautiful lemons in my fridge just waiting for me...so lemon scones it was!  

I found a recipe on Allrecipes.com and let me tell you, this is the easiest recipe AND these scones are delicious. They came out SO GOOD.  I cannot stop eating them! They are not too dry, full of flavor, and highly addictive. I have them on a plate on my kitchen table and every time I walk by I break off a corner and start nibbling.  I am not kidding! :) 


~Here is the recipe if you want to try them ~ 

♥ SCONES: 

3 cups flour

1/3 cup sugar

1 1/2 tsp baking powder

1 1/2 tsp baking soda

1/3 tsp salt

3/4 cup cold butter, cut into cubes

9 tbls milk

3 tbls fresh lemon juice

2 1/2 tsp lemon zest

1 1/2 tsp vinegar 


♥ GLAZE:

2 cups confectioner's sugar

1/3 cup melted butter

2 1/2 tsp lemon juice

1/2 tsp vanilla extract

added water, if needed  

* for the glaze I only used 1 cup of confectioner's sugar and 1/4 cup (4 tbls) of melted butter.  I didn't want the glaze to be overly sweet and I also didn't want a ton left over, which is what usually happens.  After I added the lemon juice and vanilla it was a tad thick so I added a few drops of water to thin it out.  It worked out perfectly *




Preheat oven to 350 degrees.

Whisk flour, sugar, baking powder & soda, and salt together in a large bowl.  Mix in the cold butter with a fork or pastry blender until the mixture resembles coarse crumbs.  I use my fingers! 
Whisk milk, lemon juice, zest, and vinegar in a small bowl. 
Stir into flour mixture until dough is moistened.  

Turn dough out onto a lightly floured surface and knead briefly, 5 or 6 turns.  Pat or roll dough out into a 1 inch thick round.  Cut into 8-10 wedges (mine were on the larger side so I only got 8).  
Arrange on a parchment lined baking sheet.

Bake 12 -15 minutes until edges are brown. Let cool completely before glazing. 

For the glaze, mix all ingredients and drizzle over scones.  

Enjoy!!! 



Yummy! 🍋



I will definitely be making these again.  If you are a lemon lover like me I know you'll devour these.  I just had half a one for breakfast and I'm going back for the other half when I refill my coffee.

My agenda for today is work, work, and more work.  I'm sitting here in my little home office, cozy as a clam.  I'm about to put some music on and try to get through this Monday.  I'm thinking roast chicken for dinner tonight and brownies for dessert.  Sounds like a plan 

Have a great day friends! 

Stay Cozy! xoxoxo 

5 comments:

  1. Your scones look delicious! I love lemon so I may have to give these a try.
    Have a wonderful week!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love lemon anything. These look delicious!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Mmm, lemon . . . (in Homer Simpson voice)
    I would like to try making scones. I've never done it but now you've presented me with a lovely recipe and I have no reason not to. Can you believe I'd never even had a scone until a year or so ago?? I always thought they were some fancy, rich thing. A lady at the winter market we used to sell had handmade baked goods, including scones, and that was my introduction to them. Yummy!

    ReplyDelete
  4. These look amazing! I love anything lemon! Ill have to give these a try. Well... I think I am able to comment on your blog. I'm doing so through my desktop and not my iPad. YAY!
    ~Nancy nance endless summer on IG

    ReplyDelete
  5. The snow makes everything look so pretty. As long as the view is from the warmth of your home. Commuting and errands become so much more difficult though.

    ReplyDelete