Monday, March 6, 2023

Good Monday Morning! ♥

Hello Friends! Look what I saw this morning....

Spring! 

I'm fighting all my urges to go backwards in time and I'm embracing the beauty of the season upon us.  Trees are budding and I'm seeing green sprouts shooting up everywhere. It's lovely!  However I must say that it makes me happy that so many of you feel the same way as I do.  We want Christmas when it's not Christmas and we wish for Fall days in the the middle of winter.  We are a mixed up bunch, but at least we are in it together! LOL 

I've always felt March as a bear of a month.  Endlessly long and cold.  Sometimes snowy. And then one day, suddenly...it's sunny, birds are chirping, buds are budding, and it's springtime.  It's like Mother Nature flips a switch! When you think about it, I guess March is a bit magical, isn't it.  As I get older, I'm learning to love it.  

I like thinking about tulips and pretty flowers everywhere.  I like the idea of longer days and rays of daylight shining through the windows at dinnertime.  We've been in darkness for so long.  I have a list of things I'm exciting about this Spring, recipes I want to try, day trips and roads trips that we'll take, and of course Easter. Who doesn't love Cadbury chocolate eggs? 

I guess Spring isn't so bad after all. 




 

The most important thing on my Spring list (and first thing!) was John's Confirmation, which he made Friday night.  I can't think of anything better in our lives to start this season and get us all in a happy mood and fill our hearts with gratitude.  He chose the name St. Francis and his sponcor was Rob's brother, Dan. It was a beautiful ceremony! 




Friends since kindergarten.  These are his people : ) 



After church we had a lovely dinner with family at one of John's favorite restaurants.  I had a delicious baked haddock dinner!   I am happy John had such a good night.  He's been preparing for this for a long time.  I'm proud of him 

The rest of the weekend was filled with R&R! I did get a long overdue haircut on Saturday, but otherwise spent the majority of the weekend in sweats, puttering around the house, drinking coffee, and recharging my batteries (so to speak!).  



And now on to a new week!  I am making chicken soup and salads for dinner tonight (yup, still soup season...let's be real, it never ends!).  How about you? 

Have a wonderful day my friends!  Happy new week and happy March.  

Let's do this! 🍀

xoxoxo

 

7 comments:

  1. Happy Monday to you! Such an important milestone for John! It’s very special to have friends and family around during these times. There are all sorts of blossoms here. They managed to hold on through some very windy, stormy conditions last week. Wishing you a good week!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations to your handsome young man! I'll be over for dinner, K???

    ReplyDelete
  3. While I am not a fan of all the rain but the longer days and sound of chirping birds sound good to me.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congrats to your son - that's awesome! I'm so dreaming on Spring over here (still buried in snow) and I have to say Cadbury eggs are my fave Easter treat out there. Yum! Leftover pork chop creation of some kind for dinner over here. ;) Blessings on your week ahead. xo

    ReplyDelete
  5. Such a handsome young man. You have every right to be so proud of him.

    ReplyDelete
  6. happy Confirmation! I am loving March my daffodils are about to bloom :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Congratulations on your son's confirmation! What a wonderful day it had to have been!
    I am a Cadbury Egg gal as well. I really can't have a bag in the house as they will all be eaten quickly by no one but ME!
    Meatloaf here for dinner but we just had Chicken Soup.
    I love the longer days of Spring.
    ~Nancy You know me on IG as nance endless summer

    ReplyDelete