Wednesday, July 19, 2023

Something To Think About....


 

For me anxiety happens when I start worrying about the future.  Things that may or may not even happen. And it's always the worst case scenario.  I've learned that I'm a happier, calmer person when I just focus on the present day, and not think about what could happen tomorrow.  

I hear the term "live in the moment" all the time, but it wasn't until I actually started doing it that I understood the peace it can bring.  Last year because of my constant worrying I developed a severe case of hives.  When feeing anxious, they would sneak up on me and attack my entire body.  Red, itching, burning, miserable, hives. After seeing my dermatologist to get some type of relief I was told to simply "manage my stress" and they would go away.  Not what I wanted to hear and naturally it caused me more stress.  If I knew how to manage it I would be getting the hives. 

Through seeing another doctor and talking things through I've learned techniques that help me now and even though I do still have breakouts, it's not as bad as it used to be.  One of the main things that has helped me manage it is this quote.  Master the day.  No one has it all figured out and no one knows for certain what tomorrow will bring.  We have to live in the now and try to enjoy every day we have.  One day at a time.  So I'll just keep doing that.  Today, tomorrow, and everyday : ) 

Happy Wednesday Friends!  I hope you all have a wonderful day.  Stress free! Xx 

4 comments:

  1. YES!! Living in the moment and mastering the day can be difficult at times but it really makes such a difference in our stress levels doesn't it? Enjoy your Wednesday!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This truly is great advice! Fear causes so much anxiety and can rob us of so much. I became fearful during covid and had to really talk to myself about the irrational way it was affecting me. I started calling it out when it would pop into my head and I would just simple identify it by saying "that's fear". Such a simple technique, but it worked! Nothing I ever feared came to be.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I overthink things. When something happens I tend to think about what I should have said, what the outcome would have been if I'd have acted differently, what would I do if it happens again... causes me a lot of unnecessary stress. The Lord showed me to start thinking about some of the situations in my life like brushing my teeth. I don't dwell on that, "Did I get that back tooth well enough? Did I use enough toothpaste?" No, I brush my teeth and move on with my day. So now I try to remind myself, 'treat that situation like brushing your teeth.' I'm glad you found a doctor who has given you some different techniques to help! God bless.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am constantly working on this :)

    ReplyDelete