Wednesday, July 26, 2023

Weekend away, a birthday, and Tony Bennet ♥

Hello Friends! 

I'm just back from the most wonderful weekend away visiting our dear friends in PA.  As always, we had the best time with them! This is the gorgeous view from their deck!  I could get used to living on the lake!  

We were only there for a few days, but in that short time we made every minute count.  We ate delicious food, drank coffee (did we ever!:), played games, watched movies, talked & solved all life's problems, went out for a yummy lunch, and the kids had a blast out on the boat.  It's hard living 8 hrs away from your friends, but sometimes I think it only makes our time together that much better.  
We spend our time apart looking forward to our next visit.



 



BJ and her family even spoiled me with a birthday surprise.  We had a delicious Red Lobster seafood meal, homemade desserts, and presents.  I don't know how I got so lucky, but boy am I grateful! 




I wish you all had a friend like BJ.  Not only will she spoil you rotten with all your favorite things, she and her family will treat you as one of their own. You'll talk for hours, she'll give you the best advice, and make you laugh too.  I miss her already! 

We didn't take that many pictures this time.  We were too busy living in the moment.  Here's one of my favorites from a few years ago.  Nothing has changed : ) 



You probably already know this, but you can visit BJ on her beautiful blog right HERE.....

We said our goodbyes Sunday morning and off we went on our journey home.  Monday we all had the day off which was awesome. It gave us time to unpack and rest from the car trip.  It also happened to be my birthday! I spend the entire day in my most comfy clothes.  We watched a movie and even though Rob offered to take me out to dinner all I really wanted to do was order in and not have to go out.  I decided on Panera Bread.  

I ordered my favorite meal in the entire world....a grilled cheese sandwich and creamy tomato soup! YES I DID! It was the absolute best and I have zero regrets! 



You know I love my comfort food : )

So do my folks, who joined us for our Panera feast. My mom happens to love their strawberry poppy seed salad and French onion soup, so she was happy too! :) 

For dessert they treated me to a delicious cake! I made a wish and blew out the candles.  

49. I can hardly believe it.  The countdown to 50 has begun.  Yikes! 




 I take my wishes very seriously as you can see! LOL 




On a different note, while we were away I got the news report that Tony Bennet had passed away.  I was very saddened by this.  I have loved Tony and his music for as long as I can remember.  I grew up listening to "I Left My Heart in San Francisco" and "Rags to Riches" so often they are ingrained in my memories.  I held Tony Bennet on the same pedestal as Dean Martin and Frank Sinatra.  All the great singers of that time.  I had the pleasure and honor of seeing Tony sing live, one lovely night several years ago.  He was coming to Boston and Rob surprised me with tickets for my birthday.  It was a night to remember.  He preformed at an outdoor pavilion on Boston Harbor. All the men were dressed  in suits and the ladies in theirs prettiest cocktail dresses.  I knew every song and when he sang "Fly Me to the Moon" tears streamed down my face.  I remember feeling so honored to be in his presence.  Not just because of how great he was (and he was great!) but because I knew for me this was my connection to a time period that I never got to experience.  And there I was experiencing it.  There's a word, and it's escaping me right now, but it means having nostalgia for a time you never experienced.  That's what I felt.  It was an amazing night and I'll never forget it.  

Rest in peace Tony Bennet.  I love you! 



Today I am back to work and if I'm being truthful, I'm not too happy about it.  Those of you who've worked in an office know the joy of coming back to a stack of paperwork after you've been off for a few days.  FUN! But I'll survive. I just need coffee and something in my earbuds and I'll get through it.  Hopefully if the rain holds off John and I will be keeping our Wednesday evening date at the beach.  Last night it stormed so fingers crossed we'll have clear skies tonight. 

Happy Wednesday, friends! Thank you for catching up with me and stopping by today.  

I'll be back soon! xoxox 

5 comments:

  1. Happy Belated Birthday!! Enjoy this last year in your 40's. I too was very sad that Tony Bennett passed away. I love his songs, Fly Me To The Moon is my favorite! I am all too familiar with all of the work waiting for you after a few days off so I feel for you. Hope it won't be too bad. Enjoy your day!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. happy birthday! lovely lake photos and a nice getaway.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy Birthday beautiful Danielle! Looks and sounds like an amazing trip and I have no doubt you both treasured every minute. ;) I love having an old soul too. Wouldn't it be wonderful to have some of that music, innocence and especially the clothes of that time back!?! Sigh. Dreaming is good too. Blessings. xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy Birthday week! Your trip with Billie Jo sounds amazing! I can only imagine how sweet the conversations were and what fun it was to hang out with her family. And it must be hard to get back in the mood for work, after such a great few days. Hope you have an easy week!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hello!!! And once more time... Happy Birthday! Thank you for driving so far to spend time with us! We miss you!

    ReplyDelete