Tuesday, October 15, 2024

3 cozy FALL Hallmark movies ♥

Hello Friends! 

I'm going to discuss a controversial topic today.  Hallmark movies!  I say controversial because people have very strong opinions about Hallmark.  They either love them or hate them.  I love them with my whole entire heart! I watch several every week and they always, always bring me joy.  

Yes, they are corny, predictable, and mostly unrealistic.  The acting is sometimes bad and the plots are definitely reused over and over again.  However, Hallmark is warm and cozy.  The aesthetics are everything in a Hallmark movie.  The quaintest towns with the coziest coffee shops, bakeries, and community centers. Where are these places? Do they exist?  Don't tell me you haven't googled "Hallmark town" before because I certainly have. Book me a one-way ticket now please. 

Everyone is adorable and the drama is low. Happy endings are a MUST in a Hallmark movie and I for one, love happy endings and I love corny!  Hallmark and I were made for each other. 

If you are not an avid Hallmark movie girlie like I am you may not know that Hallmark isn't just for Christmas.  They have movies for every season.  Including FALL! 

Choosing favorites is nearly impossible, but off the top of my head here are 3 Fall Hallmark movies that I would never skip past if I saw they were on.  I've seen each at least 10 + times (I'm not even joking) because they bring the vibes I'm looking for this time of year.  

I took the pictures and descriptions directly from the Hallmark movie website.  Check there to see program guides.  You can also watch them on YouTube!  







Ten years ago, Faye and Lydia each opened their own bakeries in Emeryville, Ohio, after a personal and professional fall-out during a local Pumpkin Pie contest. Now their children, and co-workers, Casey and Sam, are set to carry on the rivalry as they go head-to-head in the same contest. There's only problem for these two people who are supposed to hate each other, they start to fall in love. Starring Julie Gonzalo (“Dallas”) and Eric Aragon (“The Perfect Wedding”).


*Pumpkin Pie Wars is always the first one I watch when the weather starts to get chilly and I'm craving pumpkin bread.  It's basically a Romeo & Juliet premise with two feuding families and a son and a daughter from each family that should hate each other but they don't. Do they join forces to help reunite the families at the big pumpkin pie bake off? Oh, the drama.  It's fabulous!*
                                               



After fast-paced New York City high-end real estate broker Fiona Rangely (Lacey Chabert) gets dumped by her boyfriend, she escapes to her family’s quaint Vermont Inn for a few days to slow down and evaluate her life. When her ex-boyfriend Nate shows up at the Inn with a brand new girlfriend, Fiona quickly devises a plan to win him back: pretend the handsome and very laid- back head chef Derek (Carlo Marks) is her new boyfriend! Much to the surprise of Derek --and to Fiona herself-- in pretending to be in love, she realizes that she’s been thrown a curveball: sometimes the best things in life are worth the wait. Starring Lacey Chabert and Carlo Marks.


*Moonlight in Vermont has it all.  Firstly, Lacey Chabert (the Queen of Hallmark in my opinion) whom I would want to play me if there was ever a movie about my life.  I adore her and her smokey eyeshadow.  She's flawless.  It takes place at a Vermont Inn which is too dreamy for words.  There's a maple festival (of course there is), a love-hate thing going on between the two main characters, and it all ends with a horse and carriage ride through the country.  Also, Tony Bennet's version of the song Moonlight in Vermont is played during a romantic dance scene that actually takes my breath away. I just love it.  Maple syrup is also used as a metaphor for love. You've got to see it for yourself to believe me.*
 






While planning a fundraising event, a small New England town’s radio station manager meets her match in a visiting businessman who can’t seem to see beyond the screen of his laptop computer, until she ropes him into participating in her bachelor bake-off to help save the station. Starring Taylor Cole and Tyler Hynes.




* If Lacey Chabert is the Queen of Hallmark, then Tyler Hynes is the King.  He always plays an easy-going laid-back kind of guy that is so nice and loveable you wonder if his kind actually exist.  In Falling for You we get to see him in many cable knit sweaters which is also fun.  This movie has a bake off (another reoccurring troupe) and a beautiful evening lantern festival that is my favorite scene in the movie.  I also really love Taylor Cole's character because she reminds me of me. She loves desserts and sweet coffee and everything about Fall.   





To me a Hallmark movie is like a hot cup of cocoa.  Highly recommend if you're having a bad day.  Wouldn't we all love a Hallmark movie life? I know I would 

Let's see what's on tonight :)

XO 

1 comment:

  1. I love Hallmark too! Nothing better than Hallmark, a pumpkin candle burning and a cup of tea! I’m glad you’re posting daily! I love your blog!

    ReplyDelete