Wednesday, October 16, 2024

Wednesday Hodgepodge ♥



Hello Friends!  

Today I'm participating in the Wednesday Hodgepodge link up (here).
I saw my friend Debbie did it on her blog and I loved reading her answers. 

I thought I would give it a try, so here goes...


1. How did you meet your significant other? If you don't have a significant other, tell us how you met your best friend.

Rob and I met at my cousin's wedding.  His family were neighbors with my aunt and uncle at the time. It's very cliche but I saw him across the room and thought he was cute.  I was 19 and he was 21. I thought, what better place to meet someone. 5 years later we got married and had our reception at the same venue...in the same room. 

2. It's Department Store Day (October 16)...do you still shop in department stores? If not do you miss that kind of shopping experience? Do you have a favorite department store? Any fun memories of department store shopping when you were a child? 

This question is so funny to me because it's something I think about a lot.  I miss department stores!!  I have such fond memories of going to Sears and Jordan Marsh and all those classic department stores I grew up with.  Going to the mall as a child was so much fun! I would beg my mom to take me to the toy department.  Especially at Christmas time! When I got older, I would LOVE to browse the kitchen sections and look at the pretty china place settings and crystal glasses. Dresses on the 3rd floor and car parts on the 2nd floor.  Something for everyone in the family.  It's a shame they have slowly disappeared.  Nowadays I do still like going to Macy's, but something about it just isn't the same as it used to be.  

3. Something you're currently nuts about? 

Currently I'm nuts about FALL.  I love this time of year.  I love the cool dark mornings.  I love the smell of bonfires at night.  The foliage is just starting to pop in my neighborhood and it's so pretty.  I wait all year for pumpkin spice season and now it's here. Why does my morning coffee taste better this time of year?  I can finally start wearing my sweaters and extra cushy socks.  Warm & cozy and I love everything about it.  I also love the thought that winter is coming.  I'm one of those crazy people that love snow.  I really do : ) 

4. What's your favorite nut and is there a favorite recipe where this nut is used? 

My favorite nuts are almonds.  I don't buy them very much anymore since John had his nut allergy.  I miss baking with nuts but it's safer to not have them in the house.  There are so many yummy Italian desserts that have almonds.  I also really love hazelnuts and have been known to eat my weight in Nutella. I used to love adding a big tablespoon to a mug of hot chocolate.  It's so good! 

5. On Wednesday we officially reach the '70 days until Christmas' mark. Have you purchased any gifts? If you don't celebrate Christmas then how about Hanukkah presents? 

I have not bought any Christmas gifts yet. I'm usually pretty early with my gift buying but this year I'm trying not to rush the season.  Sometimes I get so caught up on getting things done that I miss the joy.  It's not supposed to be stressful. This year I'm going to try and live in the moment and take my time.  I will start to make some lists soon though and maybe start my shopping sometime in November.  Let's get through Halloween first! 

6. Insert your own random thought here.  

What are your feelings on candy corn?  I love it.  I don't know why it gets so much hate.  It's just not Fall without apple cider and candy corn! 

Thank you SO much Debbie for this idea!  Here's the link to Debbie's beautiful blog: 

(Millies Cozy Cottage Life).

WE are both linked up with From This Side of the Pond for this fun challenge! 

Have a wonderful evening everyone! xx 

1 comment:

  1. Hi! I love candy corn! I also like the little pumpkins : ) I’m a fall girl too, it is such a beautiful, cozy season. When I was younger we shopped at Stern’s. I also remember Bambergers! Such good days when it was exciting to go to the mall. I miss those times. The little things were so special back then. I’ve tried to do that with my girls who are 21&18 now.

    ReplyDelete