Friday, February 19, 2016

Olive oil & honey sugar scrub ♥

 
One of my resolutions this year was to take better care of my skin.  I've always been pretty good about moisturizing, but last year I had gotten very lazy.  If I was too tired at night to take my makeup off I would just let it go and I would always feel bad about it in the morning.  My skin would feel dry and dehydrated. And there is nothing beautiful about waking up with mascara smeared across your face.  Ugh.  I make a conscious effort to not let that happen anymore and since I wear makeup everyday I have to be good about washing and moisturizing day and night.
 
(no matter how tired I am...)
 
 


A few months ago I decided to try this homemade sugar scrub.  Sugar scrubs are great because they are natural and chemical free.  They remove dead skin and leave your skin looking brighter and healthier.  I've incorporated a sugar scrub into my weekly routine and it's working wonders. Especially during this winter.  I don't know what's worse - the harsh, frigid outdoor air or the dry heat in the house.  Either way I needed some help and this was the answer. 
 
Here's the secret...
 
I chose a scrub made with olive oil.  You make think of olive oil as just a staple for your pantry but it's also a staple for your makeup bag as well.  Olive oil is an antioxidant, won't clog pores, and is an exfoliating enhancer.  It's effects will leave your skin looking renewed and glowing. Go figure!
 
This recipe also contains honey.  Honey can do wonders for you skin, which is why you find it in so many beauty products.  Honey acts as an anti-aging agent and moisturizer.  It also has the ability to absorb and retain moisture and this helps to keep the skin well hydrated. 
 
Since I had never put olive oil or honey on my skin (my face!) I was a little worried that I might break out. I'm happy to say I did not.  In fact my skin has never felt better!
 
 


Here is the formula I use:
 
1/2 cup granulated sugar
2 tablespoons of honey
3 tablespoons of olive oil
 
Mix all the ingredients together until you get a gritty wet sand consistency.  (Add a little more olive oil if needed) 
 



Store in an airtight container.  I put mine in a glass jar ♥
 

 
 
Use your scrub 2 - 3 times a week.  I take it in the shower with me so I can use it on my face, neck, elbows, and feet. 
 
It's amazing!
 
 
 
 
My skin feels silky soft and not greasy at all.  I feel like all the moisture has just been put back into my skin and it's fantastic! I'm so glad I tried it  ♥
 
Who would have thought that something so simple and inexpensive could make such a big difference.  I am also drinking a lot more water (sometimes with lemon) and that's making a huge difference too!
 
 
Now if I could just do something about my hair....
 
hmmm...
 
more to come soon! wink, wink : )
 

2 comments:

  1. Now this sounds doable!!!
    Thank you, my friend.
    Have a great weekend. : )

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello Danielle! I am happy to hear this face scrub is doing wonders for your skin. A while back, I tried using organic honey as a face wash, but eventually grew tired of the sticky mess. This combination sounds interesting. Thanks for sharing it with us. I have been using The Body Shop's Tea Tree face wash for the past couple of years and I love it.

    ReplyDelete