Hello, my friends! Today I thought I would do something a little different I got this idea from Instagram. One of my new IG friends listed 20 facts about herself and I really enjoyed reading it. It always amazes me how much people have in common.
I don't think I've ever done a post like this before, so I thought it would be a fun way for you to get to know me a little better.
So without further adu, here are 20 random facts about me....
1. I met my husband at a wedding when I was 19. Four years later we got married at the same venue. This October will be our 19th wedding anniversary.
2. We have one son, John, who is nine. We whole heartedly wanted to have more children but it was not possible. We are so grateful for our boy and he makes us laugh every day.
3. As a child I was very shy. I am better now but still consider myself an introvert. My husband and son are extroverts. Makes things interesting.
4. I love everything about the 1950’s. The music, the clothes, the cars, the movies & TV! (I Love Lucy is my favorite show!!) If I could be transported back to another time it would be the 50’s!
5. When I was a teenager in the 90’s I had posters of James Dean and Marilyn Monroe on my bedroom walls.
6. I love old music - When I got my first credit card I ordered a Time Life CD set of Your Hit Parade – music of the 40’s & 50’s. I still listen to it. I love Tony Bennet (seen him in concert twice!), Dean Martin, and Frank Sinatra. Also Patti Page and Doris Day.
Clearly I was born in the wrong era.
7. I do not know how to swim. Because of this I rarely go in the water. I also don’t like to be on boats.
8. I have a mild obsession with Downton Abbey. I cried when it ended. (truth be told, I cried during every episode so I guess that's no big deal : )
9. I am severely addicted to coffee. I dream about it…. Really.
10. My dream job would be to work in a library.
11. If I could travel anywhere in the world it would be to England. I wish to travel the countryside and see the Cotswolds. I would also love to see Paris one day. These two places are at the top of my travel bucket list! Someday…..
12. I am deathly afraid of spiders (I don’t even like typing the word). Last month John had to read Charlotte’s Web for school and even THAT freaked me out a bit. Nope. Don’t like them at all.
13. I love history! Especially European history.
14. My favorite food of all time is a grilled cheese sandwich. Especially the way my Dad makes them.
15. My older sister passed away from melanoma skin cancer. I am fair skinned and never go in the sun. (wear your sunblock people ♥♥♥)
16. My mother’s second cousin is Al Martino. She only met him once.
17. My one celebrity encounter was passing Al Pacino on the sidewalk in New York City.
My husband was way more excited about this than I was.
18. Disney World is my favorite place in the universe! I would go every year if I could! I love all things Disney. My favorite princess is Snow White.
19. I love makeup and never leave the house without “putting my face on”. I’ve been wearing it since 8th grade.
20. I hate clothes shopping. Because of this I have a very basic/minimal wardrobe. I like to keep things simple. I would much rather spend my money on a new gadget for the kitchen or at Yankee Candle.
And there you have it. That's about as exciting at it gets!
I would love to know more about you too. Please tell me ♥